Me and Santa Scrapbook Layout
Vintage holiday images and photos on painted transparencies create a unique twist on this traditional Christmas layout from Krylon.
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Glistening Gold (#401)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - 18 KT. Gold Plate (#1000)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Metallic Textured Paints - Gold (#8260)
- Krylon Stained Glass Color - Red (#9020)
- Krylon Spray Adhesive - Clear (#7011)
- Krylon Preserve It!® Digital Photo & Paper Protectant - Clear (#7026)
- Cardboard slide mounts, three
- Holiday stamps, three, your choice
- Eyelets, four
- Jewelry links
- Rhinestones, three red
- Cardstock, white
- Gem adhesive
- Spray one sheet cardstock and cardboard slide mounts with 18 KT. Gold Plate (cardstock will be used for photo mat). Let dry.
- Spray 12" × 12" cardstock with Glitter Spray. This is the background.
- Print journaling text and spray with Glitter Spray. Trim to size. Mask off words and spray edges with 18 KT. Gold Plate.
- Spray Make It Stone!® Metallic on cardstock and let dry. Tear two long strips for side borders.
- Spray transparencies with Stained Glass Color; let dry.
- Cut three squares of red transparencies to fit in slide mounts. Stamp with holiday images and spray with Preserve It!®. Connect slides with jewelry links.
- Cut red transparency strip to fit behind title.
- Spray remaining transparency with Preserve It!®. Print photo on transparency; spray again with Preserve It!®. Let dry.
- Mat photo on gold cardstock and then on red transparency.
- Assemble, adhering all pieces with Spray Adhesive. Glue on rhinestones with gem adhesive.
- Secure title and photo with eyelets.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.