Shepherd's Shades Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Shepherd's Shades Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
A fun fact you may not have known about wool is that it absorbs perspiration while resisting water. It keeps you warm, but it allows you to breathe, it's odor-resistant and it can return to its original shape after being distressed. Wool wearables are one of the highest quality garments you can wear, so we must introduce you to Shepherd's Shades from Brown Sheep Company, Inc.
Shepherd's Shades is 100% wool spun with six plies; it's one of the toughest, yet smooth yarns from Brown Sheep. Each color is dyed in a light, medium and dark shade, allowing you to work up gradient patterns. This yarn crochets quickly into fabulous, durable projects like sweaters, afghans and accessories.
This yarn is approximately 131 yards per skein and is mothproofed. What does this mean? Many crocheters fear that moths can get into their yarn supply and destroy it. The solution? Yarn manufacturers make mothproof wool that is chemically treated to repel moths; the chemical is added to the yarn in the dye bath at the same time as any coloring. Much like dye, the chemical will not rub off or wash off when you wash your item. If you're unsure about using mothproofed wool yarn you can always use an organic wool, instead.
If you're not bothered by the mothproofed wool, you'll love all the fabulous shades to choose from like Fire, Maple Sugar, Carnation Quartz, Azalea, Pineapple, Spearmint and so many more; there are over 70 colors to choose from the Shephard's Shades collection.
With a yarn like this that is made in the U.S. you must give it a try.
What is your favorite wool yarn to crochet with?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Your search for a super easy crochet slippers pattern ends here. Make the very adorable Pom Pom Crochet Slippers for Adults. This free… Continue reading: "Pom Pom Crochet Slippers for Adults"
Chance to Win a Bundle of Folk Art Satin Acrylic Multi Surface Paint!
Win a 360 Crafter's Rolling Bag!
Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
Win the GelWriter 100-Count Gel Pens in Rotating Stand!
Artfolds Book Art
Chance to Win a UV Protection Sun Umbrella!
Aleene's Always Ready Tacky Glue
DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint
eCraft Cutting Machine
Scrapbook Adhesives Photo Corners Collection
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Graham Cracker Teardrop Trailer Project
- Wood Modern Jewelry Holder
- No Sew Leather Hair Ties
- Lisa Rollins
- St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Gift Card Holder
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Decoration
- Upcycled Holiday Countdown Garland
- Vintage Ruler American Flag Door Hanger
- Kessel Run Marble Maze
- Christmas Countdown Tree Project
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home