Painted "Amazing Grace" Sign
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This is a great project to do if you have a free half hour to an hour in the evening. Notes: A sage green paint would be the best, but I didn't have that so I improvised and mixed lime green and black together. If you're going to do that, remember that it will only take a very small drop of black to darken the lime green. I used glossy black paint and it turned out a little shiny, so matte would probably be better. I don't know how long it took since I did a little bit every evening."
- A wooden board or sign
- Black paint
- An old cup or bowl of water to rinse your paintbrush
Write "Amazing Grace" or whatever words you want onto the board. Make sure you know how you want to do it before you start. Then draw a simple leaf design. Note: I tried to erase but it doesn't work very well, so don't rely on that.
Paint over the penciled letters with black paint. Try to make the letters as skinny as possible at first.
Go over the letters again, making the sides nice and straight. For cursive letters, thicken each down stroke and keep up strokes as skinny as possible.
Note: Click images for larger version.
Outline the leaves and then fill in them in with green paint.
Add a little bit of black paint to the green paint and outline the leaves with the darker green paint that results.
Let it dry for several hours or overnight. Make sure you don't smear the paint while it's still wet!
Most importantly, use your imagination and creativity to make it fit your style.
Hang on the wall and enjoy!
NotesI used white paint to patch up where I made mistakes but it doesn't look very great so only use it as a last resort. And, mine is far from perfect so don't copy it exactly! I'd love to see a picture of your final product.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Diy “on A Scale Of 1 To 10 … Urinate” Funny Bathroom Sign
- Painted "Amazing Grace" Sign
- Quick Minecraft Canvas Art
- How to Clean Hardened Paint Brushes
- Paint Pour Coasters
- Bookcase Update
- Charming Country Mason Jars
- Uncanny Penguin Tin Can Treat Holders
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- Galaxy Painted Rocks
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- St. Patrick's Day Shiplap Sign
- Little Arrows Chunky Crochet Cowl
- In The Groove Crochet Fingerless Gloves
- Vintage Hair Tie
- How To Make Crochet Flowers
- Flower Card Craft
- Diy Face Mist With Essential Oils
- Easter Cross Stained Glass Decor
- Learn To Crochet Mug Rug
- Fabric Eggs For Easter
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home