Folding Chair Makeover
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "Transform old, unattractive folding chairs to match each season, party theme, or home decor. Take the drab to fab by removing the padded seat, painting the chair, recovering and reapplying the seat. Try this step-by-step tutorial on how to upholster chairs with some fabric and paint. Use hot glue instead of staples to guarantee your guests don't get poked when seated. It couldn't be easier. No sewing required for this craft; so, this is a great afternoon project. Make multiple seat pads to switch for each event. Your chairs have never looked better!"
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Old Folding Chair/s
- Spray Paint
- Hot Glue
- Painter's Tape
- 1/2 Yard fabric
Remove covered/padded areas
Spray paint chair from one angle
While paint dries, wrap the seat with new fabric. Hot glue in place
Spray chair from a second angle
Reapply seat to chair
NotesThis project went together much faster than I anticipated. The longest part of the whole process is waiting for the paint to dry. It is a great face-lift to a boring, standard chair. Give it a try!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Chevron Pillow Make Over
- Easy DIY Abstract Art
- Silly Christmas Painted Rocks
- Different Types of Craft Paint
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- Creative Rock Crafts For Kids
- Uncanny Penguin Tin Can Treat Holders
- "Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint" free eBook
- How to Clean Hardened Paint Brushes
- Happy Flower
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Kindness Changes Everything DIY Tote Bag
- Printable Bible Verses About Joy
- Have Yourself A Ball This Winter - Humorous Greeting Card
- Dry Erase Valentine's Day Sign
- Holly Berry Sweater
- Ombré Fair Isle Beanie
- Brooklyn Chunky Sweater
- Briar Pocket Cardigan
- Stonewash Pocket Coatigan
- Stormborn Wrap
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home