Folding Chair Makeover
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "Transform old, unattractive folding chairs to match each season, party theme, or home decor. Take the drab to fab by removing the padded seat, painting the chair, recovering and reapplying the seat. Try this step-by-step tutorial on how to upholster chairs with some fabric and paint. Use hot glue instead of staples to guarantee your guests don't get poked when seated. It couldn't be easier. No sewing required for this craft; so, this is a great afternoon project. Make multiple seat pads to switch for each event. Your chairs have never looked better!"
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Old Folding Chair/s
- Spray Paint
- Hot Glue
- Painter's Tape
- 1/2 Yard fabric
Remove covered/padded areas
Spray paint chair from one angle
While paint dries, wrap the seat with new fabric. Hot glue in place
Spray chair from a second angle
Reapply seat to chair
NotesThis project went together much faster than I anticipated. The longest part of the whole process is waiting for the paint to dry. It is a great face-lift to a boring, standard chair. Give it a try!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Recycled Water Bottle Supply Organizer is a great way to do your part to save the earth by crafting with items you may already… Continue reading: "Recycled Water Bottle Supply Organizer"
- How to Clean Hardened Paint Brushes
- Uncanny Penguin Tin Can Treat Holders
- Charming Country Mason Jars
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- DIY Bike Planter Garden Craft
- Checks and Stripes Painting Technique
- Diy “on A Scale Of 1 To 10 … Urinate” Funny Bathroom Sign
- Dandelion Painting On Canvas
- Best Skin Tone Paints
- Juicy Watermelon DIY Bag
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy reusable Swiffer Mop Pads (wet Or Dry)
- The Eyelet Lace Tee
- Salt Dough Pumpkin Handprint Keepsake
- No Sew Fabric Pumpkin
- Little Princess Romper
- High-low Baby Dress
- Baby Girl Puff Shoe Worked Flat
- Hot Crochet Square Blanket
- Free Back To School Printable Activities Place Mat
- Stephanie Sweater
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home