Millionaire's Decoupaged Cabinet
Decoupage DIY projects are simple to create and look amazing around the house. This Millionaire's Decoupaged Cabinet will have you saving (and feeling like) a million bucks. Cabinets are sort of like treasure chests. Each one holds precious objects to be put on display. The cabinet itself can look just as lovely as the items inside it with a little bit of paint and a pair of crafty hands. These luxuriously rustic decoupage project ideas will have your home looking like a stately southern mansion.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects free eBook from DecoArt!
Americana® Decor™ Chalky Finish Paint
- Cameo (ADC10)
- Everlasting (ADC01)
- Timeless (ADC04)
- Treasure (ADC19)
- Matte Decou-Page (DS106)
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- 1/4" flat brush
- Craft glue
- 1" flat brush
- Wooden knob
- Jar with lid
- 2 sheets of scrapbook paper
- Glass door cabinet (flea market find)
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Wipe down the cabinet with a damp paper towel.
- Paint the interior of the cabinet with Cameo using the 1" brush.
- Cut the scrapbook paper the same size as the back of the cabinet. My cabinet required 2 pieces of paper. Wet the paper slightly and decoupage down with the Decoupage Medium and the 1" flat brush.
- Mix 3 parts Timeless with 1 part Treasure in a jar with a lid. Shake until mixed. Paint the outside of the cabinet with your mixture using the 1" flat brush.
- Paint both knobs with Cameo.
- Distress the cabinet using sandpaper. Sand on the edges and anywhere you want wood to show through. Sand the knobs.
- Glue the knob on the drawer using craft glue.
- On your palette, mix 1 part Cameo and 1 part Everlasting. You will just need a tiny bit. Using the 1/4" flat brush, paint the edge of the shelf with a checkerboard pattern. The shelf should already be painted Cameo.
- Coat with varnish if desired.
- Wetting the paper when you decoupage helps to reduce bubbles and wrinkles.