Chippy Chair Makeover DIY Home Decor
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Save an old chair was headed to the dump and make this Chippy Chair Makeover DIY Home Decor. Do it yourself home decor has never looked so good or been so fun to make. Use paint to turn an old chair into a true piece of art. The finished project will look great anywhere in your home, so place it somewhere where the most people can see it. Be sure to personalize your project so it fits in with the rest of the pieces in your space. DIY decorating projects can help you breathe new life in pieces of furniture that may seem like a lost cause. Save money and skip a trip to the furniture store with this genius DIY project.
- Old chair
Plaid Folk Art Home Décor Chalk Paint -
- Plaid Folk Art Home Décor Wax - Clear
- Plaid Folk Art Home Décor Wax - Antique
- Plaid Craft Wax and Chalk Finish Paint Brushes
Lint free rags
- Extra rags for clean up and hands
I now have a Studio chair that I can sit on or use as a prop! I love the way it turned out! Save junk from the dump! It could just be your next treasure!
Prepare chair, tighten loose screws-wipe clean.
Apply base coat of Plaid Falk Art Home Dcor Chalk paint in Parisian Grey. Wait 2 hours for paint to cure.
Apply Plaid Folk Art Home Dcor Wax-Clear. Let this cure overnight.
Using a soft lint free rag buff to desired sheen.
Apply Plaid Folk Art Home Dcor Wax-Antique according to Manufacturer's directions. Let cure overnight.
Using a lint free rag buff to desired sheen.
Print words out on computer paper and transfer words using transfer copy paper.
Paint words using acrylic paints. Let dry.
Apply Plaid Clear wax over the words and let cure overnight. Buff with lint free rag.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Are you ready to create a DIY craft that's as practical as it is thrifty? If so, this Dollar Store Magnetic Organizer is for you. This… Continue reading: "Dollar Store Magnetic Organizer"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Scarlett Bag
- In A Pinch Crochet Beanie
- Crochet Kangaroo Amigurumi
- Granny Square Baby Blanket
- Faux Leather Heart Bag
- Framed Dried Flowers
- Diy Paper Flower Backdrop
- Multistrand Knit Necklace
- Beginner Baby Hat Pattern With Sizes For The Whole Family
- Padded Laptop Bag
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home