Recycled Candle Ornaments
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"I have so many ugly looking, left over pillar candles and I couldn't bear to throw them away, so I turned them into ornaments for Christmas! It's SO easy and a great way to recycle. Our tree is full of handmade ornaments, but these are my favorites. I learned how to do this in the 60's while living in Germany and have made some almost every year since! Because you are working with hot wax, this craft is not recommended for young children."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Main MaterialCandle Wax
- Old Candles
- Cookie Cutters
- Candy Molds
- Silicone Molds
- Double Boiler
- Silver Thread
Melt the wax in a double boiler. Do not overheat. Once the wax has melted, turn off the heat.
Make loops of thread for hangers then lay in each shape on the candy mold.
Fill each shape with liquid wax.
Let set until top turns opaque then place in freezer.
After 10-15 mins, remove the mold then tap sharply on the counter top. The wax shapes will pop right out.
You can also use plastic cookie cutter shapes. Place on wax paper, then fill with wax. Let the wax harden for about 30 mins then gently pop the cookie cutter away from the sides of the wax shape.
Thread a needle with silver thread. Carefully heat the needle in a candle flame then pull the thread thru the top of the wax shape. Cut, then knot ends together to make a hanger.
Store between pieces of wax paper after the holidays.
You can't make a mistake with these ornaments. If one breaks, or looks funky, re-melt and make it again!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This free crochet pattern is suitable and intermediate crocheters who know the basics. The total yardage for a large blanket (1 x 1.80… Continue reading: "Colourful Granny Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hot Crochet Square Blanket
- Free Back To School Printable Activities Place Mat
- Stephanie Sweater
- Cute Cups Mug Rug
- One Skein Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Flower Rug
- Super Easy Pencil Case- Free Sewing For Beginners
- Gentlemen Scarf
- Super Simple Shawl
- Crochet Sandals
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home