Stainless Steel Office Organizer
This unique mail organizer is easy to make and budget-friendly. Recycle old CD's to create a fun organizer for your office.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Block: 4" x 12" x 2"
- Recycled CDs, five
- Specialty papers: silver textured; silver corrugated; silver mirrored tagboard**
- Exacto® knife with new blade
- 1" putty knife
- Craft pins
- Straight edge
- Thick, white craft glue
**Specialty papers available at PaperArts.com
- Cut paper to cover the sides and top of a 4" x 12" x 2" block of STYROFOAM™ brand foam:
a. Silver mirror tagboard, 4" x 12"
b. Textured silver, (2) 2" x 12" and (2) 2" x 4"
- Spread a thin, even coat of glue onto one side of the block using a small putty knife. Adhere corresponding paper piece; if needed, secure corners with straight pins till dry. Trim away excess paper. Repeat to cover all four sides.
- Following Step 2, cover top with silver mirrored paper.
- Cut four ½" x 2" strips of corrugated paper; corrugated ribs should be vertical. Fold strips in half vertically and glue to the four vertical corners, covering edges.
- Using a pencil and straight edge, lightly mark five evenly spaced lines across the top of the block. Carefully cut slots in paper using Exacto knife.
- Carefully push a CD straight down into each slot about 1 ½" deep and remove. Lay a bead of white craft glue over the slot and replace each CD firmly. Let dry.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow
Read NextRelaxation Reminder