Add this amazing needlepoint pattern to your repertoire! The Sunburst Mosiac from Nuts About Needlepoint looks great and is perfect for anyone who loves to needlepoint.
- 6” square 18-mesh mono needlepoint canvas
- 1 skein each thread in one color family (color family #1) or 6-24 different scrap bag threads
- 1 skein each thread in a second color family (color family #2).
- Begin in the middle of the ornament and stitch the Mosaics charted in yellow and olive using the lightest shade in color family #1 or two scrap threads. Notice that the stitches at the end of each arm are Half Mosaics. The direction of these stitches determines whether the Mosaics in the are Mosaics or Half Mosaics.
- Stitch the Mosaics charted in orange and fuchsia using the medium shade in color family #1 or two scrap threads.
- Stitch the Mosaics charted in burgundy and red using the dark shade in color family #1 or two scrap threads.
- Begin to stitch the background by stitching the square background areas, charted in sky blue, using the pale shade in color family #2. All of these stitches are Mosaics or Reverse Mosaics; there are no Half Mosaics in these areas.
- Stitch the inside border, charted in aqua using the light shade in color family #2. The stitches in all the borders will change direction as they go around the ornaments.
- Stitch the middle border, charted in blue, using the medium shade in color family #2.
- Stitch the outer border, charted in black, using the dark shade in color family #2.