Bargello Needlepoint Wallet
Love bargello needlepoint? Then you'll go crazy for this Bargello Needlepoint Wallet from Nuts About Needlepoint. Bets of all, it can be made in an afternoon!
- 6″ x 6″ piece of canvas (I used 18 mesh)
- permanent marker
- credit card
- threads of your choice
- Trace the credit card outline onto the canvas (the openings are designed for them, so it’s a perfect fit) using the permanent marker.
- Find the middle of the canvas and begin to stitch.
- Stitch every other line in an overdyed thread. The other lines alternat between light (Flair) and dark (velour and Petite Frosty Rays).
- Once you have finished stitching, trim your needlepoint. Leave a one thread margin at top and bottom and a two thread margin on the sides. The needlepoint just slips in.
- If you want to make it permanent, use a sticky film (available at craft stores) or extra strong double-sided tape to fasten it into the pocket. You could also glue the pocket up.