Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Kids will love heading back to school when they have this Decorated Notebook Cover DIY Craft Project. With a few simple papercraft materials, you can learn how to decorate a composition notebook. Create personalized notebooks to suit any occasion or style. They can be pretty and girly, or funky and full of swagger - or a little bit of both. Have fun mixing and matching paper colors and using craft techniques to send a unique message to friends and family. These notebooks will stick out from a sea of generic office supplies and will serve as a place where kids and adults alike can express their creative thoughts and ideas. This is also a great gift idea - it costs almost nothing to complete but it packs a real punch.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedScrapbook Paper
- Core'dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collectins cardstock
- Sizzix embossing folder & die
- Little B tape and 3d stickers
- FolkArt stencil
- Wrights Jumbo Rick Rack
- Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue
Choose a color of cardstock and add coordinating tape.
Insert into a Sizzix embossing folder and run through the Sizzix machine.
Use the Sizzix dies to cut out front window and glue contrasting coloured cardstock to back.
Add butterfly sticker as embellishment.
Options include running a piece of cardstock through the Sizzix embossing folder (dark blue) and then add patterned tape.
Another alternative is to only emboss a section of the cardstock (green) by placing the cardstock into the embossing folder with some of it hanging out. Then use tape and a sticker to dress up.
Adding rick rack is a fun way to add dimension to your notebook cover.
Or use paints and stencils to add an image and dress up with silver and pink tape.
When your cover is dry, cut a piece of card and some notepaper to a matching size.
Bind the pages together into a notebook. Here we've used the Zutter system.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
- 21 DIY Steampunk Jewelry Designs and Crafts
- Bird and Text Collage Wall Art
- Wine Bottle Lamp
- Faux Pottery Planter
- DIY: Diamond Art Dahlia Clock with Rinea Foiled Paper Leaves
- Upcycle Jar to Flower Vase
- DIY Eyeglass Case with Paper Tube and Fabric
- Retro Muffin Tin Frame
- Beauty For Ashes
- Peacock Zipper Felted Brooch
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cards To Support Our Troops – Free Printable
- Valentine Wine Cozy
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- Strawberry Seed Baby Booties
- Braided Bridge Cable Scarf
- Winter Jewels Emerald Cube Granny Square
- In The Clouds Scarf
- Herringbone Chevron Beanie
- Arctic Ice Snood
- Create A Heart Template
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home