Cool Metal Tutorial
If you've ever wanted to learn how to create art with metal, check out this Cool Metal Tutorial from Candie Cooper. It only takes a few simple steps before you're creating your own unique piece of metal! This metal art project uses a patina to add to metal using Liver of Sulfur, to make the most unique piece of metal you've ever seen!
- 1 can of liver of sulfur
- Piece of scrap metal
- Brass Brush
- Pumice powder
- Dish soap
- Make sure your piece is free of dirt and oil or else the patina won't take to the surface.
- Clean it with dish soap and a tooth brush, maybe even some pumice powder.
- Dip the piece into the solution or leave it to obtain black. Copper and silver both go through lots of colors when dipped in the solution. Rinse it at anytime to keep the color you like.
- Wet your thumb and then dip it into pumice powder. Rub the pumice powder on the surface to remove the patina leaving the liver of sulfur in the recessed areas. Rinse when finished.
- Wet the brass brush and add a drop of dish soap. Brush, rinse, then snap.
- You can add some small dots around the square with a center punch for fun. You can also apply liver of sulphur to silver plated findings as well.