Heart and Leather Necklace
Create this unique heart necklace from Katie Hacker for yourself or a special someone.
- 17” length of 1mm brown Greek Leather
- 8” length of 16-gauge silver ColourCraft™
- 2” length of 24-gauge silver ColourCraft™
- One silver 6mm Jump Ring
- Two silver 1mm Coiled Cord Ends
- One silver Greek Clasp
- Assorted wooden and silver large-hole beads
- Beadstorm™ Round Nose Pliers
- Beadstorm™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Using an 8" length of 18 gauge ColourCraft™, fold the wire in half to form a 1/4" loop. Turn the loop upside down and cross the wire ends. Use your fingers to round the shoulders of the heart if necessary. Wrap a 2” length of 24-gauge wire around where the wires cross.
- Use Round Nose Pliers to make a loop on each end, then place the loop between your finger and thumb and form a spiral. Attach a Jump Ring to the heart charm.
- Place a Cord End on one end of the Greek Leather. Use Chain Nose Pliers to flatten the first one or two loops on the Cord End to attach it securely.
- String half of the beads onto the Greek Leather. String the heart onto the necklace center, then string the remaining beads. Attach a Cord End and the clasp to the end of the necklace.