We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Christmas season, surprise Santa Clause with some homemade stylish stockings as he climbs down your chimney! This simple Crocheted Striped Stocking Pattern will hang beautifully on your mantel during the holidays. These green, red and cream colored yarns made by Premier mesh perfectly together and will make your home look fun and festive. This beginner level crochet tutorial is perfect for anyone who wants to start making more DIY yarn projects. Don't stop at creating just one of these crocheted stockings, make a batch for the whole family this year!
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge19 scs x 17 rows = 4” in leg pattern
Finished SizeCircumference: 11, Length: 18
- Deborah Norville™ Collection Everyday® Heather by Premier® Yarns (100% Anti-pilling acrylic; 100gm/180 yds): #DN110-04 Green Heather (A) 1 ball and #DN110-01 Red Heather (C) 1 ball
- Deborah Norville™ Collection Everyday® Soft Worsted by Premier® Yarns (100% Anti-pilling acrylic; 113gm/203 yds): #ED100-02 Cream (B) 1 ball
- Hook: US Size H-8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Notions: Tapestry needle
With A, ch 4, sl st to form a ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc throughout), 11 dc in ring, sl st in third ch of beg ch-3 to join – 12 dc.
Rnd 2: With B, ch 3, dc in same dc, 2 dc in each dc around, sl st in third ch of beg ch-3 to join – 24 dc.
Rnd 3: With C, ch 3, dc in same dc, dc in next dc, [2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc] around, sl st in third ch of beg ch-3 to join – 36 dc.
Rnd 4: With B, ch 3, dc in same dc, dc in next 2 dc, [2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 dc] around, sl st in third ch of beg ch-3 to join – 48 dc.
Rnd 5: With A, ch 3, dc in each sc to end, sl st in beg ch-3 to join.
Rnd 6: With B, ch 2 (counts as sc, ch 1), sk first dc, *sc in next dc, ch 1, sk next dc; rep from * to end, sl st in first ch of beg ch-2 to join.
Rnd 7: Ch 1 (counts as sc), sc in ch-1 sp,* ch 1, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * to end, sl st in beg ch-1 to join.
Rnd 8: Ch 2 (counts as sc, ch1), * sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; rep from * to end, sl st in first ch of beg ch-2 to join.
Rnd 9: With C, rep Rnd 7.
Rnd 10: With B, rep Rnd 8.
RndS 11 and 12: With B, rep Rnds 7 and 8.
Rnd 13: With A, rep Rnd 7.
Rnd 14: With B, Rep Rnd 8.
Rep Rnds 7-14, 2 more times.
Create opening for heel
Next rnd: With B, ch 1 (counts as sc), sc in ch-1 sp, * ch 1, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * 10 more times, ch 24, sl st to beg ch-1 to join.
Next rnd: Ch 2 (counts as sc, ch1), * sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; rep from * 10 more times, ** sc in next ch, ch 1, sk next ch; rep from ** 11 more times, sl st to first ch of beg ch-2 to join.
Work Rnds 9-14, then rep Rnds 7-14, 4 more times, then work Rnds 7 and 8 once more.
Rnd 1: With A, ch 1, sc in each sc and ch-1 sp to end, sl st in beg ch-1 to join. Turn work.
Note: Remaining rnds of cuff are worked with WS of stocking facing, so RS of cuff will show when it is folded over.
Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in back loop only of each sc to end, sl st in beg ch-3 to join.
Rnd 3: With B, ch 3, dc in each dc to end, sl st in beg ch-3 to join.
Rnd 4: With C, rep Rnd 3.
Rnd 5: With B, rep Rnd 3.
Rnd 6: With A, rep Rnd 3.
Join B in corner of Heel opening.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in each sc and ch-1 sp around heel opening, sl st in beg ch-1 to join – 48 scs.
Rnd 2: With A, ch 3, dc in next sc, dc2tog over next 2 sc, * dc in next 2 sc, dc2tog over next 2 sc; rep from * to end, sl st in beg ch-3 to join – 36 dc.
Rnd 3: With B, ch 3, dc2tog over next 2 dc, * dc in next dc, dc2tog over next 2 dc; rep from * to end, sl st in beg ch-3 to join – 24 dc.
Rnd 4: With C, ch 3, dc2tog to end, sl st in beg ch-3 to join – 12 dc.
Rnd 5: With B, ch 3, dc2tog to end, sl st in beg ch-3 to join – 6 dc.
Break yarn, leaving a tail 8” long. With tapestry needle, weave tail through tops of rem 6 sts, pull tight to close.
Fold cuff down. Attach A at top edge on the center back, ch 10, sl st back in same st, work 20 sc in ch-10 lp, fasten off.
Weave in ends.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this project. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of July 31, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This free crochet pattern is suitable and intermediate crocheters who know the basics. The total yardage for a large blanket (1 x 1.80… Continue reading: "Colourful Granny Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Six pointed Star Crochet Motif
- Christmas Tree Snowflake Ornament
- Thanksgiving Turkey Gnome
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Rolled Hem with a Serger
- Kawaii Gift Box
- Handmade Pincushion and Pattern Weights Set
- 13 Tools and Tips for Sewing With Leather for the First Time
- Gingerbread Belly Flatware Holders
- Snowman Belly Flatware Holder
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home