The Milan Scarf Knitting Pattern
This stunning scarf is a classy addition to your cold-weather attire!
Make a delicious new accessory for your winter wardrobe. The Milan scarf knitting pattern looks like simple garter stitch at first glance, but there's more to the story. Create beautiful eyelet detailing as the pattern goes on. This is a lovely pattern for beginners because much of it is completed in garter stitch, but the lacy detailing at the ends makes this a beautiful scarf that experienced knitters will enjoy completing. And look at that delicious texture! Made with soft, chunky yarn, this is the perfect project to work up for everyday use come winter.
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge4 in. = 13-15 sts
Finished SizeApprox. 84’’ Long. 8” Widel.
- 3 Skeins Malabrigo Mecha Yarn
- US 10.75 (7 mm) Knitting Needles
- Tapestry Needle and Scissors
- A stitch marker may be helpful to keep track of stitch count.
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Exquisite Wooden Yarn Bowl to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas!
From Darn Good Yarn: "Say hello to your new winter best friend, the Milan Scarf! You don't have to compromise on your outfit to keep warm with this soft and luscious chunky scarf made from DGY Malabrigo Mecha Yarn. Designed by the talented Kimberly Mackay aka @CoziKnots"
KNIT SECTION 1
Note: Stitch Counts per row are listed in brackets <>.
Begin: Using the Long Tail CO method , cast on 29 sts.
Row 1 (RS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Rows 2-6: Repeat Row 1. <29 sts>
RIBBON EYELET SECTION 1
Row 7 (RS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 8 (WS): P all sts. <29 sts>
Row 9: K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 10: K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 11: *K2tog, yo* <29 sts>
Row 12: K all sts. <29 sts>
Repeat: Rows 7-12 for 11 more sets (72 rows total).
KNIT SECTION 2
Row 79 (RS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Rows 80 (WS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Rows 81-349: Repeat Row 79-80. Piece will measure approx. 67’’ long. Finish with a RS row. <29 sts>
RIBBON EYELET SECTION 2
(Inverse of Ribbon Eyelet Section 1)
Row 350 (WS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 351 (RS):*K2tog, yo* <29 sts>
Row 352: K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 353: K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 354: P all sts. <29 sts>
Row 355: K all sts. <29 sts>
Repeat: Rows 350-355 for 11 more sets (72 rows total).
KNIT SECTION 3
Row 422 (WS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Rows 423-427 (WS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Finishing: Bind off and weave in ends.
- Knit 2 Sts Together
- Right Side
- Wrong Side
- Yarn Over
- Repeat Pattern in Asterisk
If you love this pattern, find more scarves to make in our collection of68 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of December 24th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in your account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until December 23rd, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Describe the first scarf you ever knit!