Beginner Montgomery Scarf
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to knit this gorgeous beginner Montgomery Scarf with free knitting patterns. Keep warm and trendy with a homemade scarf.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- 2 x 100g (136 yds each) Knit Picks Comfy Bulky (shown in Vinca)
- 5.0 mm needles
- 16 stitches = 4 inches
Finished size: Approximately 6.5 x 80 inches
(instructions given for modifying dimensions)
Cast on 25 sts. If you want to change the width of the scarf, increase or decrease the number of stitches by 2’s.
Rows 1-4: Knit.
Row 5: *K2tog, yo; rep from * until 1 st remains on left needle, k1.
Rows 6-9: Knit.
Rows 10, 12, 14: Purl.
Row 11, 13: Knit.
Repeat these 14 rows, ending with row 9, until scarf is the desired length. (Approximately 60 - 80 inches).
- Bind off.
- k knit
- p purl
- k2tog put the tip of right needle through the first two needles on the left needle and knit them together
- yo bring yarn from back to front over right needle
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 16 Free Knitted Slipper Patterns
- Judith Huerta - Editorial Intern
- 32 New Baby Craft Ideas
- Top 10 Recycled Magazine Crafts
- 22 Fabric Flowers to Make
- Addie Gundry
- Flower Head Crochet Hat Pattern
- How To Double Crochet Straight Edges
- Upcycled Faux Pearl Necklace into Purse Handle
- Continuous Bias Tape Tutorial
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home