Snug and Striped Knit Cowl and Ear Warmer Pattern
Beat the cold in style with these simple and free cowl and ear warmer knitting patterns!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
There's no reason that you should sacrifice your keen fashion sense to be warm in winter. When the weather turns chilly, you can still look designer with this Snug and Striped Knit Cowl and Ear Warmer Pattern! With a chunky knit and sleek striped design, these free cowl and ear warmer knitting patterns make the perfect gift for any wintry fashionista. These iconic designs only take two skeins of yarn to knit, and they're simple enough for anyone to try! Customize your stripe colors to complement any complexion or desired palette.
Knitting Needle Size10.5 or 6.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge13 stitches and 21 rows = 4'' in stockinette stitches
Finished SizeCowl: 24'' circumference x 10'' tall, Ear Warmer: 19.5'' circumference x 6'' tall
- 2 Skeins (3.5 oz., 120 yards each) Expression Fiber Arts Buttery Wool Bulky Yarn
- U.S. size 10.5 (6.5 mm.) 16'' circular needles
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Tape measure
Instructions - Cowl
CO 84 sts using long tail CO method with MC. Join in the rnd, being careful not to twist your sts. PM for BOR.
Work K2P2 ribbing for 5 rnds with MC.
Rnd 1-6 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 7 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 8-12 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 13 and 14 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 15-18 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 19-21 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 22-24 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 25-28 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 29 and 30 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 31-35 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 36 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 37-42 - Knit in CC.
Work K2P2 ribbing for 5 rnds with CC. BO loosely in ribbing pattern.
Instructions - Ear Warmer
CO 68 sts using long tail CO method with MC. Join in the rnd, being careful not to twist your sts. PM for BOR.
Work K2P2 ribbing for 6 rnds in MC.
Rnd 1 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 2 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 3–6 – Knit in CC.
Rnd 7 and 8 – Knit in MC.
Rnd 9-11 – Knit in CC.
Rnd 12-14 – Knit in MC.
Rnd 15 and 16 – Knit in CC.
Rnd 17-20 – Knit in MC.
Rnd 21 – Knit in CC.
Rnd 22 – Knit in MC.
Work K2P2 ribbing for 6 rnds with CC. BO loosely in ribbing pattern.
- Bind off
- Beginning of round
- Contrast color
- Cast on
- Main color
- Place marker
Find this lovely pattern and more in 23 Knit & Crochet Ear Warmer Patterns
What's your favorite winter wear accessory to knit? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Yarn Washing Symbols [PDF]
- Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn
- How to make Lavender Bags
- Small Zipper Pouch
- Organizer Sewing Pattern
- One Evening Beanie
- Simple Mittens
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Emil, the Preemie Crochet Octopus
- Eyelet Crochet Bag
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home