Snug and Striped Knit Cowl and Ear Warmer Pattern
Beat the cold in style with these simple and free cowl and ear warmer knitting patterns!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
There's no reason that you should sacrifice your keen fashion sense to be warm in winter. When the weather turns chilly, you can still look designer with this Snug and Striped Knit Cowl and Ear Warmer Pattern! With a chunky knit and sleek striped design, these free cowl and ear warmer knitting patterns make the perfect gift for any wintry fashionista. These iconic designs only take two skeins of yarn to knit, and they're simple enough for anyone to try! Customize your stripe colors to complement any complexion or desired palette.
Be sure to enter for a chance to win the Expression Fiber Arts Echoes of Color Yarn Bundle Giveaway during the 12 Days of Christmas in July! This giveaway runs until July 29th and you can receive an extra entry just by commenting below on this page
Knitting Needle Size10.5 or 6.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge13 stitches and 21 rows = 4'' in stockinette stitches
Finished SizeCowl: 24'' circumference x 10'' tall, Ear Warmer: 19.5'' circumference x 6'' tall
- 2 Skeins (3.5 oz., 120 yards each) Expression Fiber Arts Buttery Wool Bulky Yarn
- U.S. size 10.5 (6.5 mm.) 16'' circular needles
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Tape measure
Instructions - Cowl
CO 84 sts using long tail CO method with MC. Join in the rnd, being careful not to twist your sts. PM for BOR.
Work K2P2 ribbing for 5 rnds with MC.
Rnd 1-6 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 7 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 8-12 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 13 and 14 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 15-18 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 19-21 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 22-24 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 25-28 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 29 and 30 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 31-35 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 36 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 37-42 - Knit in CC.
Work K2P2 ribbing for 5 rnds with CC. BO loosely in ribbing pattern.
Instructions - Ear Warmer
CO 68 sts using long tail CO method with MC. Join in the rnd, being careful not to twist your sts. PM for BOR.
Work K2P2 ribbing for 6 rnds in MC.
Rnd 1 - Knit in CC.
Rnd 2 - Knit in MC.
Rnd 3–6 – Knit in CC.
Rnd 7 and 8 – Knit in MC.
Rnd 9-11 – Knit in CC.
Rnd 12-14 – Knit in MC.
Rnd 15 and 16 – Knit in CC.
Rnd 17-20 – Knit in MC.
Rnd 21 – Knit in CC.
Rnd 22 – Knit in MC.
Work K2P2 ribbing for 6 rnds with CC. BO loosely in ribbing pattern.
- Bind off
- Beginning of round
- Contrast color
- Cast on
- Main color
- Place marker
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this project. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of July 30, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account).
- You have until Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What's your favorite winter wear accessory to knit? Let us know below in the comments!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fireside Slippers
- 24 Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns
- Beginner Hat Knitting Pattern
- 15 Easy Crochet Baby Booties for Beginners
- 31 Summer Wreaths to Make
- How to Set Tie Dye in Fabric
- Crochet Christmas Stockings: 14 Free Patterns
- 12 Knitted Dishcloth Patterns
- Crochet Flower Pot
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home