We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the designer: "Umbral is the adjective form of umbra, a word in astronomy describing the shadow cast by an eclipse. The soothing blue tones flowing into each other in this shawl feel very lunar to me. Intended to show off the gorgeous changes of an ombre or gradually variegated yarn, the Umbral Shawl features a stockinette background punctuated by garter ridges that drift farther apart as you work the pattern. This design came to me on a sleepless night when I was in need of a calming, meditative knit. It is designed to be completely approachable to beginner knitters looking to move away from washcloths and scarves, while providing just enough interest to keep more advanced knitters engaged in a soothing project. To that end, there are very few skills required for this shawl. If you can knit, purl, and yarn over, you can make it! No garter tab, no picked up stitches, no fancy bind off necessary. This pattern is very forgiving for gauge and yardage. You can bind off on any row, altering the thickness of the final garter edge as necessary. It is simple to extrapolate the pattern to add more rows ."
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Easter Sheep Napkin Rings
- Crochet Tiger Applique
- Dog Hat Crochet Pattern
- Easy Velvety Baby Hat
- Ternion Square
- Easy Peasy Beanie
- Learn to Knit 2.0 with Marly Bird
- Faith Over Fear Free Printable Art
- Elegant Journal Cover
- Easy Diy Lucky Embroidery
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home