28 Free Baby Hat Knitting Patterns
Learn how to knit a baby hat and make one of these lovely projects today!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Free baby hat knitting patterns are some of the best projects to make for that upcoming baby shower because they are so small and work up fast. From a hat in the shape of a turkey to a jester hat with bells on the end, you have a lot of cute choices for your or a loved one's newborn.
A baby's chubby cheeks will look irresistibly squeezable in any of these knit baby hat patterns. Their soft peach fuzz will be kept warm and safe in the cozy yarn as they doze in your arms. The hat is sure to become a beloved keepsake as the baby gets older. You'll never wonder how to knit baby hats again with these easy knit patterns.
No matter what pattern you choose, your baby is definitely going to look adorable.
Table of Contents
Basic Baby Hat Knitting Patterns (Free)
Start here! If you're new to knitting or need a pattern in a jiffy, make one of the easy projects below. Many of these use a thicker yarn so they work up quicker, and you'll even find free knitting patterns for baby hats on straight needles.
Baby Animal Hats Knitting Patterns
Everyone knows that the sillier the hat, the cuter a baby looks. That is why we have a collection of hats in the shape of animals. There are knit hat patterns for every shape imaginable and here we have a collection of absolutely precious baby animal hats knitting patterns. From Thanksgiving to Easter, your little baby boy or girl will have the headwear for any holiday and season.
Knitted Baby Beanie Patterns
For the more serious baby, we have regular (but just as cute) beanies collected as well. These hats are a range of cute regular beanies to adorable hats with poms on top. There is something for everybody in this list of easy knit baby hats and your soft baby is going to be warm and cozy all winter.
More Knit Baby Hats
Whether your baby needs a fashionable accessory for the beach or a fun themed hat for a special occasion, we have several more beautiful patterns below.
Knit Baby Hats with Matching Cardigans
Looking for something a bit more advanced? Pair these adorable baby hats with these free knit cardigans for baby. This gift will be the star of the baby shower!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Ladies and gentlemen, this is The Only Crocheted Granny Square You'll Ever Need. This easy beginner granny square crochet pattern is… Continue reading: "The Only Crocheted Granny Square You'll Ever Need"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Hook Organizer
- Easy Painted Flag Tee
- Crochet Chain Scarf, Necklace
- Spring Blossom Crochet Scarf
- Simple Flower Egg Cozy
- Most Beautiful Painted Bible Cover
- Every Good and Perfect Gift Is From Above Wall Art
- For This Child We Prayed Nursery Sign
- Delight Yourself in the Lord Wall Art
- Courtney Earrings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home