Sophie Lace Baby Shawl
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Free knitting patterns for babies have never been this classy. Enjoy this glamorous design from Vickie Howell for the Sophie Lace Baby Shawl. With a clean stockinette stitch edge, you're special little girl will be ready for that family photo shoot in no time at all! This is a great pattern for those that are eager to try the delicate art of lace knitting.
Shoulder Opening: 19 (20)”/48.5 (51)cm
Length (with ruffle uncurled): 7 (8)”/18 (20.5)cm
- Caron International 'Simply Soft' (100% acrylic; 6oz/170g, 315yd/288m skein), Color Soft Blue, 6oz/170g
- One circular size U.S. 10 (6mm), 24”/61cm long needle or size to obtain gauge
- Stitch Marker Yarn needle
In Stockinette Stitch with double strand of yarn, using size U.S. 10 (6mm) needle, 14 sts and 17 rnds= 4”/10cm
Stockinette stitch (St st)
pf&b: purl in front and back (= increase)
yo2: yarn over twice
Beg at neck opening and using double strand of yarn, CO 64 (68) sts. Join rnd, taking care not to twist; place marker.
Rnd 1: Knit.
Rnd 2: Purl.
Rnds 3-6: Repeat Rnds 1-2 twice.
Rnd 7: *K1, yo2; repeat from * to end.
Rnd 8: Knit all k sts, dropping all yo's.
Rnd 9: Purl.
Rnd 10: Knit.
Rnd 11: P16 (17), pf&b, p31 (33), pf&b, p to end—66 (70) sts.
Rnds 12-13: Repeat Rnds 7-8
Rnd 14: Purl.
Rnd 15: Knit.
Rnd 16: P17 (18), M1, p32 (34), M1, p to end—68 (72) sts..
Rnds 17-18: Repeat Rnds 7-8.
Rnd 19: Purl.
Rnd 20: Knit.
Rnd 21: Purl.
Rnd 22: *K1, M1; repeat from * to end—136 (144) sts.
Rnds 23-30 (33): Knit.
Weave in ends.
Optional Embellishment: Using a needle and thread, gather a piece of tulle and sew onto poncho. Hot glue or sew cameo brooch to tulle, taking care to secure it firmly.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Garter Stitch Jacket and Hat Knitting Pattern for Baby
- 59 Free Baby Knitting Patterns
- Baby Hoodie Knitting Pattern
- Baby Layette Knitting Pattern
- Baby Knit Kimono
- Cable and Blocks Baby Sweater and Hat
- 25 Knitting Patterns for Baby Clothes
- Soft Knit Baby Hoodie
- Pom Pom Knit Baby Jacket
- Chunky Baby Hoodie
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Create A Heart Template
- Mitered Corners
- How To Sew A Four Patch Quilt Block
- Easy Half Square Triangles
- Diy Valentine’s Day Toilet Paper Roll Wreath
- Easy You Spice Up My Life Diy Valentine's Day Gifts With Printables
- Winter Walk Cap
- Valentine's Day Potpourri With Essential Oils
- Kindness Changes Everything DIY Tote Bag
- Printable Bible Verses About Joy
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home