Radiating Squares Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create a soft blanket for baby that is colorful and modern with this free baby blanket knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns.
- Yarn: Bernat® Softee Baby
(140 g/5 oz) (361 m/395 yds)
Contrast A (#30424 Soft Red) 1 ball
Contrast B (#30201 Aqua) 1 ball
Contrast C (#30205 Prettiest Pink) 1 ball
Contrast D (#30128 Ocean) 1 ball
Contrast E (#30233 Fresh Green) 1 ball
Contrast F (#02000 White) 1 ball
- Knitting Needles: Set of four size 4 mm (U.S. 6) double-pointed knitting needles. Size 4 mm (U.S. 6) circular knitting needle 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 22 sts and 30 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Measurement: 34 ins [86.5 cm] square.
Stripe Pat: Work 6 rnds of each color: A, B, C, D, E and F. These 36 rnds form Stripe Pat.
Beg at center, with A and pair of doublepointed
needles, cast on 4 sts. Working in
Stripe Pat, proceed as follows:
1st rnd: (Inc 1 st in next st) 4 times. 8 sts. Divide sts onto 3 needles (2, 3, 3). Join in rnd placing a marker on first st.
2nd and alt rnds: Knit.
3rd rnd: *K1. yo. Rep from * around. 16 sts.
5th rnd: *K1 (place marker on last st). yo. K3. yo. Rep from * around. 24 sts.
7th rnd: *K1. yo. Knit to next marked st. yo. K1 (marked st). yo. Rep from * around, ending with yo.
8th rnd: Knit.
Keeping cont of Stripe Pat, inc 8 sts on next rnd and every following alt rnd, as before and changing to circular needle when necessary, until there are 177 sts between marked sts.
Next rnd: Purl.
Next rnd: *K1. yo. Knit to next marked st. yo. K1. yo. Rep from * around, ending with yo.
Keeping cont of Stripe Pat, rep last 2 rnds 9 times more. 197 sts between marked sts.
Cast off loosely purlwise.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Everyone learns at a young age how to color inside the lines, but it's so much more fun to color outside of them, isn't it? Color the… Continue reading: "Color Outside the Lines Adult Coloring Page"
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Native Stripes Knit Blanket Pattern
- Staggered Square Knit Blanket
- 19 Free Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- Striped Baby Blankie and Playful Puppy Pal
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chinese Pixie Amigurumi Doll
- Woodland Leaf Fairy Amigurumi Doll
- Pressed Flower Candle Diy
- Dc Superhero Popsicle Stick Puppets
- Printable Grinch Word Search
- One Hour Crochet Bag
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Activities
- Homemade Photo Coasters
- Gift Card Holder (Free Printables!)
- Lace Back Tee
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home