We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Soft stripes of blue and white in this knitting baby blanket pattern create a perfect cover for the new baby boy. This easy pattern from Bernat Yarns calls for circular knitting needles for a quick make. You can always adjust the colors to your own preferences.
- Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby (140 g/5 oz) Main Color (MC) (Blue) 3 balls, Contrast A (White) 2 balls
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) and 5 mm (U.S. 8) circular 36 ins 90 cm long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 20 sts and 23 rows = 4 ins 10 cm with larger needle in pat.
Measurements: Approx 38 x 43 ins 96.5 x 109 cm.
MK = P2tog without slipping sts off needle, then K2tog over same sts.
With MC and smaller needle, cast on 181 sts. Do not join.
Working back and forth across needle, proceed as follows:
Knit 5 rows (garter st), noting that first row is WS.
Change to larger needle and proceed in pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). With A, knit.
2nd row: P1. (MK) 90 times.
3rd row: With MC, knit.
4th row: (MK) 90 times. P1.
These 4 rows form pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 42 ins 106.5 cm, ending on a 2nd row of pat.
With MC and smaller needle, knit 5 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Side Edging: With MC and smaller needle and with RS of work facing, pick up and knit 209 sts evenly along one side edge. Knit 4 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS). Rep on opposite side.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Multicolored Diamond Blanket
- Satin Cradle Blanket
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 19 Free Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- Baby Blue Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knit Ripple Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pumpkin Bunting
- Witch Hat Hair Accessory
- 31 Scary And Cute Free Halloween Printables You Will Love!
- Ghosts, Goblins, And Ghouls Halloween Word Scramble Games
- Lavender Soap
- Thanksgiving Word Scramble
- Fall Suncatchers
- Homemade Puzzle For Kids Us
- Mocha Cherry Shawl
- Mystic Ripple Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home