We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This baby afghan knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns uses circular needles to create a cozy cover for baby. The extra-large blanket will last them into the toddler years. Use a neutral color if you don't know the sex!
Knitting Needle Size3 or 3.25 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge29 sts and 24 rows = 4" [10 cm] in pat.
Finished SizeApprox. 36 x 48" [91.5 x 122 cm]
- Bernat Baby (Solids: 50 g/1.75 oz) 9 balls
- Size 3¼ mm (U.S. 3) circular knitting needle 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Cast on 193 sts. Do not join
Working back and forth across needle work 7 rows in garter st (knit every row) noting that first row is WS and inc 59 sts evenly across last row. 252 sts.
Proceed in pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: K6. *(K1. P1. K1) in next st. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * to last 6 sts. K6.
3rd row: Knit.
4th row: K6. *Sl1. K2tog. psso. (K1. P1. K1) in next st. Rep from * to last 6 sts. K6.
These 4 rows form pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 47 ins [119.5 cm] ending with a 4th row of pat.
Next row: (RS). Knit, dec 59 sts evenly across. 193 sts.
Work 6 rows in garter st. Cast off knitways (WS).
- knit two together
- pass the slipped stitch over
- right side
- wrong side
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- 19 Free Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knit Ripple Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mini Angel Amigurumi
- Criss Cross Mini Tote
- Mini Bears In Stockings
- Diy Deck Rail Planter
- Pattern For A Baby Bib With Square Corners
- Claire Armstrong, Pillar Box Blue
- Diy Flower Vase
- 12 Coolest Resin Crafts + Resin Casting for Beginners
- Common Sewing Stitches You Need To Know
- Moccasin Slippers With A Cuff
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home