Zig-Zag Zebra Crochet Potholder
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Get WILD about cooking dinner for your family by using this adorable Zig-Zag Zebra Crochet Potholder. These potholder patterns are nice and practical for keeping your hands safe when taking hot dishes out of the oven, but they're also cute enough to hang from a cabinet and display in your kitchen. The free crochet patterns are for the intermediate crocheter and require a little bit of sewing to attach the ears, eyes, and snout. If your mom loves animals, these zebras would make wonderful Mother's Day gifts!
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook, J/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished Size6.5" x 7.5"
- Sugar & Cream cotton yarn 1.5 oz black (or pink)
- Sugar & Cream cotton yarn 1 oz white
- Sugar & Cream cotton yarn few yards black (for eyes)
HEAD: Rnd 1: Holding 2 strands of MC together, ch 2, 7 cm in 2nd ch from hook. Do not join. Rnd 2: With white yarn, 2 sc in each st (14 sc). Rnd 3: MC, *sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, repeat around (21 sc). Rnd 4: White, *sc in each of next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st (28 sc). Rnd 5: MC, sc in each of next 3 sc, 2 sc in next st,* repeat around (35 sc). Rnd 6: White, *sc in each of next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st (42 sc). Rnd 7: MC, sc in each of next 5 sc, 2 sc in next st,* repeat around (49 sc). Rnd 8: White, *sc in each of next 5 sts, 2 sc in next st (56 sc). Fasten off.
EARS: Row 1: With 2 strands of MC, ch 6. Degenerative change in 4th ch from hook, hdc next ch, 3 sc in last ch. Working on opposite side of starting ch, hdc in next ch, dc in last ch, dc in bottom of ch-3. Fasten off MC. Turn. Row 2: Attach white, sc in each of 2 dc, sc in hdc, 2 sc in 1st sc, 2 dc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in hdc, sc in dc, sc in top of ch-3. Fasten off white, leaving length for sewing. Using photo as guide, sew ears to top of head.
SNOUT: Rnd 1: With G hook and single strand of MC, repeat Rnds 1-6 of head (42 sc). Sew to bottom half of head.
EYES: Rnd 1: With G hook and single strand of black, ch 2, 7 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join. Rnd 2: With white yarn, 2 sc in each st (14 sc). Fasten off, leaving length for sewing. Sew eyes to face, using photo as guide.
Join 2 strands of MC halfway between ears. Sc in each sc across top of head to ear. [Sc in each sc going up ear.] *Sc in each of next 7 sc, 2 sc in next sc,* repeat around to next ear. Repeat [ to ]. Sc in remaining sc between ears. Join with sl st in 1st sc. Ch 10, sl st in same st. Fasten off MC. Weave in all ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Daisy Dish Cloth
- 23 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns for Beginners
- Criss-Cross Tassel Dishcloth
- Granny's Square Dishcloth
- Simple Border Pot Holder and Dishcloth
- Mop or Sweeper Cover Crochet Pattern
- Cotton Thread Coaster or Doily
- How To Crochet Tutti Frutti Pot Holders
- Crochet Doily in Pineapple Pattern
- Granny Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Elegant Mask Mate Ear Saver
- Crochet Minion Water Bottle Sling/cozy
- Crochet Pertevniyal Mandala Doily
- Lilly Winter Puppy Sweater
- Cheese Grater Owl
- How To Sew A Pot Scrubber Out Of Mesh Produce Bags
- Tc Sun Hat
- Small Hooded Poncho Pattern
- Non-slip Sewing Machine Foot Pedal Pad
- Family Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home