23 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns for Beginners
You'll find the best crochet dishcloth pattern for your skill level in this collection.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make a quick and easy crochet dishcloth with one of the patterns in our collection of 23 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns for Beginners. This stunning roundup of crochet dishcloths includes absolute beginner projects and some patterns for experienced beginners as well. Dishcloths are the best patterns for learning how to crochet because they often feature an easy to work with yarn like worsted weight cotton, and they are crocheted in a flat square or rectangle. You'll learn how to get your tension under control and create something useful in the process.
Crocheted dishcloths also make excellent gifts for loved ones. They're some of the best easy crochet Christmas gifts to make and give everyone on your list. A person can never have too many dishcloths, and with the patterns in this collection you'll find an easy project you'll be excited to make.
Table of Contents
Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns for Beginners
Here is the place to start for our crochet beginners! This section focuses on two basic ways to work up a dishcloth: crocheting a flat square or rectangle, or crocheting a basic granny square dishcloth where you begin in the middle and work your way out. Granny square dishcloths are excellent because they teach you how to make a basic granny square, so you'll be equipped to make afghans in no time! These two techniques are the best place to start for beginners.
- Pink Grapefruit Dishcloth
This is THE ultimate beginner pattern! Grab a lovely variegated yarn and work up rows of basic single crochet to complete this project. Start HERE!
- Easy Ombre Dishcloth
This basic dishcloth is like one big granny square worked in basic double crocheted stitches.
- Granny's Square Dishcloth
If you've never worked a cluster stitch before, this is a great pattern to try. You'll learn granny square basics!
- Up and Down Crochet Dishcloth
Alternate double and single crochet stitches for a lovely texture with this easy pattern.
- Thick Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Hold two strands of yarn together to make this easy project, and the color effects will be so lovely!
- Granny Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Part granny square, part simple rows of half double crochet, this pattern has a great unique look and is great for practicing a few different beginner stitches.
- Diagonal Crochet Dishcloth
This is a fantastic project for practicing increases and decreases.
- Jewels of the Desert Crocheted Dishcloth
Alternate rows of pretty and unique cluster stitches with basic rows of half double crochet for this beginner pattern.
- Magical Healing Crochet Dishcloth
Learn the double stitch and make this pattern with your favorite variegated yarn.
- Squares Dishcloth
This is another project featuring the basic granny square motif for you to practice and master.
- Simple Border Pot Holder and Dishcloth
Create a mesh dishcloth when you follow this stitch pattern, which allows for a looser weave of the fabric.
- Seed Stitch Dish Cloth
Beginners can practice the seed stitch and make a beautiful new project when they follow this tutorial.
- Quick and Easy Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Keep it simple! This is one of the easiest dishcloth patterns out there.
- Simple Crochet Scrubby Dishcloth Pattern
If you're new to working with scrubby yarn, get familiar with this easy project.
Hey, what yarn should you use to make these dishcloths anyway? Find out in our article on the Best Yarn for Dishcloths
Easy Crochet Dishcloth Patterns for Advanced Beginners
The patterns above were for absolute beginners, and these dishcloths take it up a notch. We don't have any advanced patterns in this collection, but we do have a few patterns up our sleeve for advanced beginners! Some of the crochet dishcloth patterns below involve crocheting in the round, color changing, or some unique crochet stitches, but all should be manageable if you have a basic handle on crochet. Good luck, and enjoy!
- Firewheel Scrubbie Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
Isn't this project name so fierce? Learn to crochet in the round with this scrubbie pattern.
- Rainbow Daze Washcloth/ Dishcloth
Practice changing colors and creating a semi-circle with this adorable pattern.
- Buttery Sunshine Crochet Dishcloth
This is a fantastic pattern for beginners to learn both how to croche tin the round and how to add a lovely, sunshiney border.
- Colorful Crochet Dishcloths
Practice crocheting with mesh to make your own scrubbie that will get at those tough messes.
- Floral Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Make a basic circle and then learn how to make a darling border for the completed project.
- Waffle Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
Learn a unique stitch! Practice your skils after you've worked up a few basic projects already and give the waffle stitch a try.
- Catch a Wave Dishcloth
Want to add wavy texture to your next project? Give this option a try. This is great practice to prepare you for ripple patterns and get you familiar with counting.
- Mesh Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
You can literally crochet with mesh produce bags, and the patterns work up so quickly when you're using this unexpected material!
- Mini C2C Stripe Crochet Dishcloth
Get familiar with corner to corner, or C2C crochet by practicing on a small scale with this pattern.
Are you also a fan of knitting, or want to learn to knit? Check out our roundup of 12 Knitted Dishcloth Patterns
What was the first crochet project you ever made?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 38 Inspirational Coloring Pages
- 12 DIY Bird Feeders Made from Recycled Materials
- 14 Christmas Pine Cone Crafts
- 13 Free Crochet Doll Clothes Patterns
- 10 Days of Thanks 2018
- Tuscan Moon Shawl
- Soft Crochet Wrap
- Snowflake Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- Snowflake Ornament Crochet Tutorial
- Crochet Snowflake Ornaments Tutorial
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home