Darling Paper Crafted Baby Blocks
This craft would make a unique handmade baby shower decoration or look super cute adorning a baby nursery. Easy to make using a foam base, these baby blocks are crafted from adorable papers.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Cubes, 3", three
- Acrylic paints: dark pink; light green
- Papier-mâché letters, 1": B, A, B, Y
- Card stock, one 12" x 12" sheet each: pink; light green
- Coordinating scrapbook papers, three assorted 12" x 12" sheets
- Embellishments of choice: small white buttons; mini rick rack; baby-themed buttons
- Water basin
- Green polka dot grosgrain ribbon, 1/2" x 3/8 yard
- Flat paintbrush, Medium
- Disposable palette
- Paper towels
- Straight pins
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- White, thick craft glue
Note: If blocks will be handled by young children, leave off embellishments that might present a choking hazard. Blocks are intended for decor, not toys.
- Cut four 3" x 12" strips from pink card stock; cut two from green card stock.
- Wrap two same-color strips in opposite directions around one foam cube to cover foam surface; do not glue yet. Firmly crease paper at cube corners; remove and crisply fold paper. Wrap and glue paper strips around cubes.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 using coordinating scrapbook papers, if desired.
- Cut six 2" squares from card stock, two per block. Cut six 2 1/2" squares from scrapbook papers, if desired. Mat smaller squares on larger squares and adhere to front and back of block.
- Paint B-A-B-Y letters, paint Bs dark pink and remaining letters light green; let dry. Glue letters to front and back of blocks as desired.
- Refer to photo to complete each block, adding ribbon and desired embellishments.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.