Caterpillar Wall Art
With simple wood circles and a bit of acrylic paint, create an adorable decoration for a kid's room. With a circle for each letter of your child's name, the caterpillar can be as long as you like.
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG67 - Black
- DAG230 - Festive Green
- DAG235 - Citron Green
- 3/4" flat brush
- 4 round brush
- Foam plate
- 3/8" round foam pouncer brush
- Two 12" x 6-mm green chenille stems
- Wood glue
- 6" x 1/2" wooden disks (number needed is number of letters in name plus one for head)
Preparation: Remove any labels from surface.
1. Use 3/4" flat brush and Citron Green to paint tops and sides of circle plaques; let dry.
2. Use pouncer brush and Festive Green to dot on tops of circles; let dry.
3. Place plaques in desired pattern, alternating plaques on top layer and bottom layer. Glue together where edges overlap.
4. Use round brush and Black to paint facial details on first plaque. Paint letters of name, approximately 2" high, on rest of plaques. Let dry.
5. Glue 1" ends of chenille stems 3" apart at back of upper head. Use fingers to curl ends into spirals.