Rose Petal Onesie and Matching Headband
Looking for a cute and girly homemade baby gift? Create a Rose Petal Onsesie and Matching Headband from Jamielyn Nye! Buy an inexpensive, plain onesie and add flowers to make it extra adorable.
- Lighter or candle
- Hot glue gun
- Velcro dots
- Sew tac
- I found these onesies on sale for under $2 at Wall mart and Old Navy. I thought they could use a little more “frill” for my little girl!
- I started out with some satin and organza fabric. Any sheered fabric works great as well. I cut them in circles ranging from 4 in down to 1 inches. Cut them down in 1/2 in increments. They don’t need to be perfect circles. Once you have them all cut, stack them up until you have a good size flower.
- Then comes the fun part! You’re going to grab a a lighter or a candle and light the edges with fire. Just make sure to go slowly so they don’t burn to fast. ** Using a lighter will help not turn the edges so black.**
- Once you have burned the edges they will curl up. Stack them with hot glue until you have a big full flower. Then add a rhinestone in the middle for a little extra bling.
- Next your going to hot glue a velcro dot to the back. This way you can remove the flower when washing the shirt and use it as a hair flower as well.
- Figure out where you want the flowers to lay on the shirt and add velcro dots.
- Make sure to use sew tac when gluing the velcro to the shirt. This way when you wash it the velcro won’t fall off, and it will have an extra strong hold. Let it dry for a few hours before putting the flowers on.
- Once the velcro has dried you can apply the flowers. I also add a little satin to the top of the shirt. I love how it turned out and can’t wait to put it on my baby girl!!
- I also love that it has the velcro dots so you can interchange the flowers.
- Add a velcro dot with some hot glue to a head band or alligator clip and you can use the flower as a hair piece! You could really add the velcro dots anywhere… your flip flops, a purse….even a lamp! Get creative!
Read NextEasy Sewn Bubble Skirt