Beach Princess Summer Shades T-Shirt
Beach Princess Summer Shades T-Shirt is an adorable craft idea for adults to turn a plain white shirt into a cute design for a toddler. Show your summer spirit with this DIY t-shirt that has a colorful stick-figure girl holding balloons in a patch of flowers and a floral pocket design. Your little girl will be ready for whatever activities summer holds for her: the beach, picking flowers, going to a fair, or taking a stroll in the park. This t-shirt is a fun idea for a toddler's birthday gift, too.
Primary TechniqueFabric Crafts
- White sleeveless T-shirt for a girl aged 2-3 years
- Giotto Decor Textile pens: red; green; ultramarine blue; neon pink and neon yellow
- Acrilex Acrilpens: 520 Preto (black); 531 Marrom (brown); 503 Azul Celeste (cerulean blue); 565 Vinho (purple); 517 Laranja (orange); 513 Verde Musgo (moss green) and 537 Rosa (baby pink)
- Pilot silver marker pen
- Two foam stamps a flower and an ivy leaf border pattern
- One cup of gin
- Glass bowl
- Baby shampoo
- A5 piece of left-over cardstock
- Iron and ironing board
- Wash the T-shirt in baby shampoo and rinse it thoroughly in cold water. Allow the T-shirt to dry thoroughly and iron it lightly.
- Pour the gin into the glass bowl. Wet small sections of fabric with the gin and gently squeeze out any excess gin. Color the fabric with textile pens and rub the fabric gently to spread the ink. Use different colors and allow to colors to bleed into one another. Tip: The alcohol will make it seem as if the textile pens have dried up, but as soon as the alcohol has evaporated, the pens will be fine again.
- Continue until the whole T-shirt has been colored and allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Trace the provided design onto the T-shirt, or draw your own stick woman onto the T-shirt.
- Put the T-shirt flat on the working surface. Slide the piece of cardstock inside the T-shirt, between the back and front sides of the shirt to prevent the ink from staining the back side.
- Trace the outline of the stick woman with the black textile pen. Color the stick woman and the balloons with the pens.
- Add some grass and flowers below the stick woman.
- Use the silver marker pen to add some detail to the design.
- Use the ivy leaf border pattern stamp to add a border to the small pocket on the front of the T-shirt. Color the stamp with the green textile pen, place the stamp onto the T-shirt and press down on the stamp to transfer the image. Carefully lift the stamp and allow the stamped border to dry thoroughly.
- Use the red and yellow textile pens and the flower stamp to add a flower to the T-shirt’s pocket.
- Use the black textile marker and silver pen to add some detail to the pocket’s design.
- Wait 72 hours before washing and ironing the T-shirt.