Nifty Decoupaged Notebook
School and office supplies make a statement about who we are, which is why it's so important to get supplies that match your style. With this Nifty Decoupaged Notebook, you'll be able to save some money on fancy paper supplies and show off your creativity at the same time. Notebook decorating ideas are a dime a dozen, but this tutorial on how to make a cute notebook uses decoupage to turn a cover from boring to brilliant. The chalkboard sticker on the front of the notebook is a bonus detail on an already fabulous notebook.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Plaid Mod Podge matte
- Plaid Mod Podge foam brushes
- Plaid Mod Podgeable Papers
- Darice chalkboard labels
- FrogTape Zig Zag
- Pentel paint markers
- Faber-Castell PITT artist pen
- Cut Podgeable Papers into triangles of various sizes.
- Using foam brushes, coat a section of the notebook cover with matte Mod Podge. Apply triangles to cover and coat with Mod Podge. Repeat this process until entire cover is decorated. Seal cover with layer of Mod Podge and let dry overnight.
- Create a border around the edge of the cover using black marker.
- Add lines to front cover with black marker, using zig zag tape as a guide. Let dry. Retrace lines to darken the pattern, then add dots, doodles, and designs to cover. Remove tape and let dry.
- Use white marker to write on chalkboard labels, taking care to let them dry so that the text won't smudge.
- Stick chalkboard label onto front of notebook.