Happy Hanukkah Card
By Mary Ayers for Arnold Grummer's
Recycled Hanukkah paper lends beauty to a classic "Star of David" card from Arnold Grummer's Paper Making Kits and Supplies.
- Arnold Grummer's Papermill Complete Kit
- Cardstock: white, light turquoise, dark turquoise, rose, gold
- 8 mini round gold paper fasteners
- Computer font: Copperplate Gothic Bok size 36
- 1/16" circle punch
- turquoise ink pad
- rotary tool and scoring blade
- sewing machine
- gold sewing thread
- Leftover Hanukkah gift wrap
- Make handmade paper by recycling Hanukkah gift wrap.
- Cut a 10" x 8" rectangle from light turquoise cardstock. Score a line down center of rectangle and fold to make a 5" x 8" card. Antique edges of card with turquoise ink, using a small piece of dry sponge.
- Cut a 4 1/4 " x 5" rectangle from dark turquiose cardstock and glue to upper area of card. Tear a 3 3/4" x 4 1/2" recatngle from handmade paper and antique edges with turquoise ink. Glue torn rectangle to center of dark turquoise rectangle.
- Cut a triangle shape from gold cardstock, using pattern. Cut a triangle shape from rose cardstock. Cut a hexagon shape from handmade paper. Antique edges of shapes with turquoise ink. Glue hexagon shape to center of gold triangle. Glue gold triangle to center of pink triangle to make a star. Sew a machine stright stitch around hexagon 1/8" from edge. Glue assembled star to center of torn recatngle on card. Sew a machine straight stitch around each of the triangle points of the star 1/8" from edges.
- Cut a 2 1/4" x 5" strip of handmade paper, tearing long edges. Glue strip across bottom of card.
- Print 'Happy Hanukkah' on white cardstock. Cut a 1/2" x 6" strip around words. Cut the following 6" strips from cardstock: 3/4" from dark turquoise, 1 1/4" from gold, and 1 1/2" from rose. Antique edges of strips with turquoise ink. Glue strips angled on top of each other. Trim assembled strips to a 5" length. Antique ends of strip with turquoise ink. Glue strip across bottom of card on top of torn strip.
- Punch 1/16" holes in corners of torn shapes and attach paper fasteners.