How To Make A Chunky Chain Bracelet
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "This simple chunky bracelet looks really elegant and complicated, but it's surprisingly easy to make. It's made entirely with larger open jump rings that are woven together in 5-ring Mobius spirals and connected with smaller jump rings. To complete it, you attach a clasp on one end. From start to finish, this bracelet takes about an hour to make. (They key is to have the right type of pliers!) It's a perfect beginner-level jewelry project. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeBracelet
- 2 flat nose pliers
- About 60-100 large open jump rings (for a 7-inch bracelet I used 85 18-gauge 7mm ID rings)
- 30-50 small (for a 7-inch bracelet I used I used 35 18-gauge 3.5 mm ID rings)
With the larger jump rings, make a series of 5-ring Mobius spiral. You want enough of them so that they just fit around your wrist.
Loop the small jump ring through the center of two spirals and then close it securely, making sure that that it doesn’t go through any of the individual rings of the spiral. Repeat this with a second small jump ring so that two small jump rings connect the two spirals.
Continue connecting the spirals together until it is just smaller than the desired length of your bracelet.
On one end of the bracelet, use one of the small jump rings to attach your lobster clasp.
On the other end attach on last jump ring. I like using a slightly thicker one, but you can use one of the small ones. Close up tight and attach it with two other jump rings.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home