Scary Spider Necklace and Earring Set
These spider earrings and necklace are great to wear around Halloween time. You'll be the spooky talk of the town. Get together with your friends for a night of ghoulish crafting.
- Cousin Corporation of America Subculture Collection
- 6 pc Spider Charm #3467638
- 1 pc 12” Lg Textured Chain Silver #3467660
- 15 pc Black Resin w/Inset Crystal Beads #3467650
- 1 pkg 68 pc Starter Findings Pack Gunmetal #3467637
- 1 pc 12” Lg Textured Chain Gunmetal #3467659
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
*Note the completed necklace is a 16” length with 2” adjustable chain.
- Cut the silver chain to a length consisting of 7 small rings and 6 double rings. There should be a small ring at each end to link onto.
- Cut the gunmetal chain into 2 lengths each consisting of 3 small rings and 3 double rings.
- Use your pliers to carefully pull the small silver ring open and thread on a gunmetal double ring end of chain. Remember to use a sideways twisting motion to open and close the rings so they retain their circular shape and are less likely to break. Repeat this process with the other small silver ring ending and the remaining double ring end of gunmetal chain.
- Use a jump ring to attach a 14 link length of small silver chain to one small gunmetal ring chain ending.
- Use a jump ring to attach a lobster clasp to the other gunmetal chain ending.
- Use a jump ring to connect a spider charm to the end of the small adjustable chain.
- Lay the plain chain necklace out flat so when the black beads are added it will be easy to place them so that they will all lie on the same side of the chain.
- Open and close the largest ring on the chain using a twisting motion to open the loop just enough to slide on a black bead. Continue placing black beads around the necklace on every gunmetal and silver large ring until all 13 are filled.
- Use a jump ring to attach 3 spider charms randomly next to black beads around the necklace.
- Use a twisting motion with your pliers again to break apart rings from the silver and gunmetal chains. You will need 2 small gunmetal rings, 2 small silver rings and 2 large gunmetal rings.
- Thread a black bead, a small silver ring and a small gunmetal ring onto each large gunmetal ring.
- Use a jump ring to connect the small gunmetal loop to the bottom of the fish hook findings.
- Use a jump ring to attach a spider to each top jump ring.
Copyright 2009 Cousin Corporation of America
Read NextChristmas Peppermint Bead Bracelet