Christmas Glitter Button Necklace
This Christmas necklace craft is part whimsical and part glamorous! Learn how to make bling button necklaces like this Christmas glitter button necklace and you'll be the most sparkly thing at the Christmas soiree.
- 2 packs Favorite Findings™ Christmas Sparkle Buttons (find Blumenthal Lansing Buttons on CutRateCrafts.com)
- 1 strand 15 mm crystal AB faceted round beads or Favorite Findings™ clear round gems
- 2 yds red satin ¼” ribbon
- 2 yds green satin ¼” ribbon
- 2 yds red picot satin ¼” ribbon
- 24 silver jump rings, 10 mm
- 2” nickel headpins: one for each bead charm
- Silver craft wire
- 2 chain-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
Tie 7-8 loose overhand knots along each ribbon. Spacing of knots should be random and cover 18” in the center of reach ribbon.
Using pliers, insert a jump ring into each knot. Tighten knots around jump rings.
Wire wrap each button, making a loop to attach to a jump ring.
Put a bead on a headpin, making a simple loop to attach to jump ring. Repeat for each bead used. Use some of the smaller beads on the bead strand to make bead charms.
Attach buttons and beads randomly to jump rings.
Tie knots in the three ribbons on either side of the button/bead area.
- Tie a knot in all six ribbons to form a necklace large enough to slip over the head.