6 President's Day Crafts, Facts and Videos
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Patriotic crafts for children are an excellent way to teach them about the history of our founding fathers and the workings of the different branches of United States government. FaveCrafts has put together this collection of easy patriotic handmade crafts you can do with your child to celebrate numerous American celebrations - use these ideas for President’s Day crafts, Memorial Day crafts, Veterans Day crafts, Flag Day crafts and more. Teachers and tutors will also find these projects useful accompanied with lessons on the Revolutionary War, lessons on the presidential election process, lessons on the Constitution, and so many more ideas – the possibilities are endless!
Table of Contents:
Patriotic Homemade Crafts
All American Tin
Make this festive tin to hold tiny treasures in a country home, in your purse, at camp, or on a trip.
Designed by Treasure It for Kreinik
- Patriotic scrapbook paper
- Red, white or blue fabric
- Kreinik #12 Braid metallic thread 003, 100, 051HL
- Diamond Beadlets®
- 4" x 6" Treasure Tape
- 1/2" Treasure Tape roll
- Shallow pan or tray
- Sand (optional)
1. Cut scrapbook paper (any scrap paper with a cool image is fine) to fit top of tin. Cut 1/8" smaller than lid.
2. Use glue stick or Treasure Tape scraps to secure image to tin.
3. Cut 4" x 6" Treasure Tape sheet to fit lid, then place it over the image.
4. Peel back red liner to expose sticky part, then decorate the image with metallic thread.
5. Place lid in shallow pan or tray, and cover with Diamond Beadlets®.
6. Use 1/2" Tape to wrap around side of tin.
7. Cut fabric pieces (or paper) to use to decorate. This creates a mosaic look.
8. Use metallic threads to add color and design.
9. Dip in Diamond Beadlets (or sand!)
Tip: When applying "stringy embellishments" like ribbon, embroidery threads and fibers to double-sided Treasure Tape, you can easily pull up the design and start again if you make a mistake or want to try a different design. When using red liner Treasure Tape it is best to cut with Teflon® coated scissors -- or use adhesive remover to wipe the residue off your scissors.
George Washington Powdered Wig
Dress-up like the birthday boy himself – our very first president George Washington – with this fun and educational project.
- Approximately half a bag of cotton balls per wig
- Paper painter’s cap
- Black ribbon
- White craft glue
- Safety scissors
- Give the painter’s hat a little more shape by stuffing some rags or towels inside it to make it stand as though it will when placed on your child’s head.
- Glue cotton balls directly to the hat as if they were the curls of a wig. Cover the entire hat.
- Cut enough of the ribbon to tie a small bow. Glue the bow to the cotton balls as if a ponytail that would hang over the nape of the neck.
- Let your child wear and feel like a true American patriot.
Obama Symbol Paper Plate
Help your child join in the excitement and celebration of our new President with this easy and cheap President's Day craft idea.
- Paper Plate
- A copy or pattern of the Obama "O" logo
- Acrylic paint in red, white, and blue
- Draw the Obama "o" pattern on the paper plate. The middle part of the plate should become the white of the O inside the outer ridge.
- Paint the top portion of the outer ridge blue and the horizontal stripes red and white like the American flag.
- Allow to dry completely. Have your child learn a few facts about President Obama. Discuss with them the historical importance of his election to office.
- Presidents Day, also known as Washington’s Birthday or Washington and Lincoln Day, is a United States Federal Holiday, celebrated the third Monday of February.
- Presidents’ Day is also known as a day to celebrate General Washington’s creation of the first military badge of merit for the common soldier – the Purple Heart – which was revived on Washington’s 200th birthday in 1932. Many people honor US veterans over Washington’s birthday weekend.
- In New Mexico, President’s Day, as a state government paid holiday, is observed on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Because Presidents Day is not the official name for the federal holiday, many spellings are accepted with no right or wrong. President’s Day, Presidents Day, and Presidents’ Day are all commonly used spellings of the holiday’s name.
How to Make a Patriotic Votive Video:
This great craft from HGTV could be used for any patriotic holiday from Fourth of July, to Labor Day weekend, to President’s Day this is a great red white and blue craft idea.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Mason Jar Jack-o-Lantern
- Easter Bunny Mason Jars
- Free Easter Bingo Printable Game Cards
- Washcloth Bunny And Chick
- Easter Egg Exchange Dice Game
- 15 April Fools' Day Craft Ideas
- Cricut Diy Pink And Silver Valentines Treat Jar (with Hand-lettered Svg)
- Diy Easter Tea Light Candle Holders
- Diy Book Page Bunny Bunting
- Easter Egg Suncatcher
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scrap Fabric Butterflies
- Petite Floral Dreamcatcher Boho Wall Hanging Decor
- Baby Girl Classic Lace Vintage Bonnet Hat
- Bunny Rabbit Strawberry Cupcake Food Dessert Amigurumi
- Cute Baby And Toddler Hooded Bunny Capelet
- Baby Girl Meadow Cardigan Dress
- Kitty Cat Macaron French Dessert Amigurumi
- Baby's Buttoned Turban Hat
- Velvet Baby Turban Hat With Bow
- Ribbed Baby Turban Hat With Bow
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home