Easy DIY Halloween Potion Bottles
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "It’s never too early to bring out the fall decor. It’s been fun to work on all the new decorations I am displaying in my home this autumn. Unlike other fall crafts found online, this DIY craft is one that I didn’t even need to buy anything for. I already had all the items I needed laying around my craft room. Better yet, I loved making these DIY Halloween Potion Bottles almost more than any other Halloween decoration yet! They were quick and easy. They look perfect on my fireplace mantel."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Project TypeMake a Project
- Wine bottles
- Black acrylic paint
- Free potion printables
- Paint brush
- Small plastic skulls
I had these bottles in my craft room just waiting to be used. I used two wine bottles and one vintage-style glass bottle. I got it from Dollar Tree, which is one of my favorite affordable stores to purchase DIY supplies.
I use this technique all the time to create texture on items. It’s super easy. You will rip paper towel pieces up and mod podge them on your bottle. This creates a really cool effect when it dries.
They will take some time to dry. I let the three bottles dry overnight to make sure they were ready to paint.
Once the mod podge textured paper towel layer was dry, I painted the bottles black. I used black acrylic paint.
It will take at least two layers of acrylic paint to cover the bottles completely.
Once the bottles were painted and dry, I wrapped twine a few times around the top of the bottle.
These cute skulls were plastic rings off which I cut the ring part. Then, I hot glued them on the end of the twine.
Next, you will need to mod podge the "FREE POTION LABELS" on the bottles.
Here they are guys! Aren’t they so fun? I absolutely love the way they turned out. I think they are spooky and super cute!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This C2C Crochet Bunny Baby Blanket pattern is a soft, fun, gender neutral blanket that's perfect for adding character to a baby's… Continue reading: "C2C Crochet Bunny Baby Blanket"
- Diy Decorative Christmas Matchboxes
- The Perfect Gift for the Person who has Everything
- DIY Snow Globe
- Easter Basket
- DIY Hanukkah Treat Bags
- Chance to Win a Sleigh of Prizes Worth $700+!
- Lacey Beaded Holiday Wreath Ornament
- Yarn with Knitting Needles Ornament
- Easy Tabletop Feathered Christmas Tree
- Easter Basket Free Printable
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Ironing Board Cover
- Diy Fabric Basket
- Glistening Snowflake Made From Recycled Cd
- Thrifty And Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Homemade Holiday Gift Envelopes
- Festive Wine Cork Christmas Trees
- Juneau Blues Beanie
- Christmas Wreath Ornament
- Santa Cork Gnome
- Woodland Wolf Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home