DIY Halloween Mixed Media Wine Bottles
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "I recently discovered mixed media wine bottles on Pinterest, and it was love at first sight. I thought you needed to be really talented to do them until I watched a few tutorials. I almost had to giggle when I saw how easy they were to make! The idea is to use any bottle and add textures and layers to get a 3D effect. The best part is that most materials for this project can be found around your home, so these bottles are cheap to make."
Project TypeMake a Project
First, add a thick layer of craft glue to the surface of the bottle. Then wrap some paper napkins on top of the glue. Push the napkin around to gather it up in places. To speed up the drying time of the glue, a hairdryer works great.
Next, add more texture to the bottles. I used offcuts of burlap fabric, leather, rope, netting from an onion bag, and cardboard just to name a few. Once I was happy, I painted the surface with black gesso. The black color was then highlighted using colored wax pastes, which were applied to the surface area only using my finger.
I added some elements like broken jewelry, charms, mini mirrors, artificial flowers, and spiders just to name a few. If you have a close look, you will be able to make out what I used. These were glued onto the bottle using a mixture of hot glue for the heavier flowers and E6000 for the rest.
All the elements were painted black and highlighted with the colored wax pastes.
To get the effect of dripping candle wax, I used a hot glue gun and let it run down the bottle.
The images on the small mirrors were made using waterslide paper. You print the image you want on waterslide paper using a regular inkjet printer. Step-by-step instructions are available on my website.
The smaller bottle was made by adding scraps of fabric to the glue in the same manner as the napkins.
The sugar skull images, spiders webs, and bats were all vinyl decals, which were put on the bottles and then painted and highlighted.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Sparkly Glitter Unicorn Pumpkin
- Plastic Canvas Snowman
- Lovely Victorian Lace Heart ❤️ Ornament
- Turkey Craft Napkin Rings
- Free Valentine’s Day Printable Word Search For Kids
- Free Valentine’s Day Monster Lunchbox Jokes
- Cricut Diy Pink And Silver Valentines Treat Jar (with Hand-lettered Svg)
- Vintage Valentines Gift Bags
- Hugs & Kisses Mason Jar Valentine Gift
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Lunchbox Jokes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Valentine Heart Pillow
- Unicorn Bobble Drops Crochet Child Hat
- Gift For Mom
- Diy: Stained Glass Craft
- Winter Candy Jar Gnome Bottles
- Hand Painted Christmas Wrapping Paper
- Knit Cowl Necklace
- Diy Love Arrow Decor
- Valentines Wavy Scarf
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home