Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Mix n Match Foil Greeting Card
Mix hexagons with shiny metallics to create this trendy and chic handmade birthday card.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Mix and match these colorful iCraft Deco foils to make this chic greeting card - simply die cut the toner sheet, run it through a laminator with the different color foils, then use the self-adhesive pieces to create this handmade greeting card. Take care when running the toner sheet through the laminator with the foil. Make sure you cut the foil larger than the toner cut out and carefully align the two in the pouch before running through the laminator."
Learn how to make homemade cards with a trendy, metallic edge when you create these Mix n Match Foil Greeting Card. This DIY greeting card is made out of hexagon die cuts and metallic Deco Foils, giving it a chic and trendy look that is perfect for your more stylish friends. This lovely card makes a great birthday card idea, but could easily be used for just about any occasion.
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- iCraft deco foil - Purple
- iCraft deco foil - Gold
- iCraft deco foil - Green
- iCraft toner sheet
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations honeycomb die
- Sizzix Die cutter
- Office laminator - on low heat setting
- Gold sticker with birthday greeting
Use Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Honeycomb die to cut the honeycomb shape and hexagons from the self-adhesive toner sheet. Separate honeycomb section from hexagons.
Cut iCraft deco foil in purple to size slight larger that honeycomb cut out, place in the pouch provided and run through laminator on low heat setting
Run 3 hexagons through laminator with purple foil.
Run 4 hexagons through laminator with gold foil.
Repeat again for 3 hexagons with green foil.
Take black cardstock (210mm x 148mm) and fold in half to create A6 sized card, with opening to the right.
Remove backing from self adhesive on purple foiled, honeycomb cutout and adhere to black card, towards the left hand side.
Add in hexagons, as shown in picture. Trim the hexagons that hang over the edge of the card.
Add gold sticker birthday greeting.
Congratulations! Your card is complete! Enjoy your Mix n Match foil card.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you need more storage space but don't have extra room or money to do it, try repurposing an old piece of furniture from your… Continue reading: "Elegant Refurbished Entryway Cabinet"
- Foiled Butterfly Notecards
- Hawaiian Hula Cutie Card
- DIY Stained Glass Card Stamp
- Prettiest Floral Pop Up Card Tutorial
- I Am the Vine Religious Stamps Card Design
- 64 Handmade Cards for Every Occasion
- Upcycled Foil Collage Greeting Card
- It's Your Day Step Ups Card
- Happy Homemade Thank You
- Home Decor Yarn Flowers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Aldi Reusable Shopping Bag
- Printable Sports Word Scramble
- C2c Heart Hat
- Easy Wrap Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Striped Hourglass Area Rug
- Winding Cables Hat
- Seeing Stripes Shawl
- Hashtag Slouchy
- Dragon Wing Cowl
- A Quick Guide To Snap Fasteners For Clothing Or Bags
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home