Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Faux Quilted Foil Card
Learn how to make the most beautiful card in a brand new way
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "I love Foil and the fact that Therm-O-Web has come out with it in the perfect size for card making! I also love that I am able to combine it with my Faux Quilting Stamp line and today I am showing you how-to create a Faux Quilted Foil Card."
A brand new way to make personalized cards, the Faux Quilted Foil Card uses foil to create a quilt-like pattern on a card. This is a perfect card for those who love paper craft and quiltmaking a like. Now, you can put a beautiful quilt design on cards to give your friends and family. The Faux Quilted Foil Card shows you how to add sentimental messages to really add a personal touch to your next gift!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- Therm-O-Web Deco Foil™ Transfer Sheets, Rainbow
- Therm-O-Web ICraft Adhesive™ Tape, 1/2 inch
- Ann Butler Designs Faux Quilting Stamps by Unity Stamp Company: Leaves All Over, Stripes. Dots & Hearts
- ColorBox® Archival Dye Ink, Wicked Black
- Card stock: white, yellow
- Laminator or Iron
- Paper trimmer
- Laser printer
- Copy paper
Start with a 1" square from the Leaves All Over and the Stripes. Dots. & Hearts stamp sets. I began by stamping a pattern onto a sheet of white card stock with ColorBox® Archival Dye Ink in Wicked Black.
Alternate with the two stamps to create a pattern 4 wide by 5" high.
Make photocopies of the design stamped out. Please note: in order for the foil technique I am doing to work, you will need photocopies from a laser printer of your original, this technique will not work with using ink or an inkjet printer. Trim to desired size.
Place foil on top of your design and sandwich it with a folded piece of copy paper…
If you do not have a laminator, you can do this technique with an iron as well. Simply layer your design with foil and a sheet of copy paper and iron. Be careful not to go back and forth, simply hold the iron in one place for 10 – 15 seconds, lift and move the iron and repeat.
Pull the foil away and you will see that it adheres to your design. Start by lifting at one corner, if needed, place the foil back down and iron again.
Stamp out sentiment and made photocopy of it and repeat step 4.
Cut a piece of yellow card stock 4 1/4? x 5 1/4? and a piece of white card stock 9? x 5 1/2? (which when in half creates a card base that is 4 1/2? x 5 1/2?). Cut a piece of yellow card stock 1/4? larger and a piece of white card stock 1/2? larger then the sentiment I chose. Attach the design to the yellow card stock and then to the card base. Then, attach the sentiment to the yellow card stock and then to the white card stock and adhere to the card front as desired.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Elegant Mask Mate Ear Saver
- Crochet Minion Water Bottle Sling/cozy
- Crochet Pertevniyal Mandala Doily
- Lilly Winter Puppy Sweater
- Cheese Grater Owl
- How To Sew A Pot Scrubber Out Of Mesh Produce Bags
- Tc Sun Hat
- Small Hooded Poncho Pattern
- Non-slip Sewing Machine Foot Pedal Pad
- Family Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home