19 Spoon Crafts: Wooden, Plastic, Metal, and More
Have you seen the plastic spoon rose?
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Spoon crafts need to be on your radar. You wouldn't believe what you can make with plastic, metal, and wooden spoons! Create gorgeous wall art, beautiful jewelry, and the most amazing plastic spoon rose. You'll also find crafts that use spoons as an essential supply to making something awesome.
Several of the tutorials below include helpful videos so you can follow along step-by-step. Most of these projects are for adults because they work with heat to warp the spoons into different shapes, but a few of the projects are kid-friendly, too. The crafts with spoons at the very bottom of this list don't feature spoons in the completed project, but spoons are necessary during the crafting process. Whether you want to dress up some drab wooden utensils or you have some vintage spoons to craft with, you'll adore the projects below.
Table of Contents
If you love crafting with spoons, check out more of our favorite green crafting ideas in 1000+ Recycled Crafts
Wooden Spoon Crafts
- DIY Burned Wood Kitchen Utensils
Grab your soldering iron and take those wood spoons from drab to fab! There's no reason to have totally plain utensils when you can dress them up with stunning wood burned patterns.
- Colorful DIY Kitchen Utensils
If woodburning intimidates you a little, never fear! You can always dress up your wood utensils with a healthy bit of paint.
- Wooden Spoon Wall Art
Sand and paint your wooden utensils to turn them into some wall art! This is a lovely project for adding some nice decor to your kitchen.
- DIY Mandala Painted Wooden Spoons
If you're a fan of the coloring book craze with all the beautiful mandala designs, you'll love this tutorial! Add mandalas to your kitchen spoons for great new utensils.
- Wood Spoon Garden Markers
Use acrylic paint and vinyl lettering to make super easy and inexpensive garden markers out of cheap wooden spoons.
Crafts with Plastic Spoons
- Plastic Spoon Roses DIY Recycled Craft
This plastic spoon rose tutorial is one of our number one recycled crafts on FaveCrafts! This project includes an excellent video tutorial so you can learn how to make your very own roses out of colorful plastic spoons.
- Plastic Spoon Garden Markers
Why shell out a fortune for expensive garden markers when you can make these beauties? Paint some plastic spoons and label them with the herbs in your garden for easy identification.
- Wire Wrapped and Beaded Picnic Utensils
Wrapping plastic utensils with wire and beads is an instant way to take your picnic utensils to the next level! These aren't just plastic spoons; these are classy wire wrapped party spoons!
- Lilac Rose Petals Luminary
This is a lovely project to decorate a plain glass luminary. You'll use plastic spoons with flower petals glued to them to give your luminary dimension.
- Spoon Easter Egg Greeting Card
Colorful spoons sure do look like Easter eggs, and you can use them to make the loveliest Easter card!
- Plastic Spoons Easter Basket
Another option for an Easter card made out of plastic spoons is using the stems to make an Easter basket! This card is so sweet and creative.
Speaking of plastic, make some of our favorite plastic bottle crafts when you check out 34 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
Crafts with Silver Spoons
- Mokume Gane Peacock Utensils
Totally customize your silverware when you make clay handles for it! This is a wonderful tutorial for making a set of silverware that will be a talking point with guests to your table.
- Wanna Spoon Sign Silverware Craft
This precious sign would be lovely in a living room or even in the bedroom. It's easy to make and the chalkboard paint background makes the spoon really pop.
- Vintage Recycled Spoon DIY Planter
Dress up that planter with a fun vintage spoon decoration! Use lace and jewels to really brighten up the garden.
- Vintage Spoon Pendants
This is one of the coolest projects out there for your spoons! You may have seen spoon rings, but how about spoon pendants? Dress up vintage spoons with pearls and beads to make this lovely project. These pendants make great gifts, too!
- How to Make a Spoon Rack
Use metal spoons to make a kitchen rack to hang up those aprons! Those of us who have a few cute aprons don't have to keep them in storage when we're not wearing them. Instead, display them as practical kitchen decor with this tutorial.
Crafts with Spoons
While these crafts don't necessarily feature the spoons themselves, a spoon is a necessary supply to make these projects! Whether you need a spoon to shape some clay or mold hot glue, these projects will make you rethink the possibilities for crafting!
- Ink and Clay Spoon Earrings
Spoons are essential for shaping these clay earrings, and the effect is just lovely! The curved shape nestles the beads perfectly.
- Easter Egg Holder in Seconds
It can be tricky to let those dyed eggs dry properly when you make them for Easter, but with this awesome hack you don't have to worry. Simply use a spoon to shape hot glue into the perfect little stand for your eggs.
- Floating Flower Candles Without Mold
You don't need a mold to make the perfect floating flower candles, because a spoon will do! Learn how to shape your flower using a spoon.
What will you make out of old (or new!) spoons?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Create a beautiful hand-stitched cloth napkin for your home with this Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towels tutorial. If you're a big… Continue reading: "Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towelsvideocam"
- 34 Crafts To Do With Old Jeans
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts
- Upcycled Plastic Bottle Decor Items
- Daisy Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Egg Shell Crafts: 18 Beautiful Ideas I Never Expected!
- Bold DIY Wine Bottle Chandelier
- Watercolored Coffee Filter Roses
- Recycled Denim Feather Wall Hanging
- DIY Guitar String Wire Cross
- Unbelievably Stunning Floral Soda Can Art
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chris Moose
- Leisure Arts Mini Adult Coloring Books
- Prime SEO Consultation
- Chic Halftime Shawl
- Fabric Ribbon Candy Ornament
- Embossed Snowflake Trinket Box
- Peppermint Pendant and Earrings
- Embossed Snowflake Ornaments
- Wild Wines
- DIY Shaker Style Kindness Banner
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home