Recycled Tic Tac Toe Game
Have fun at home with friends and family - all you need is this Recycled Tic Tac Toe Game from Heidi Borchers! You won't believe how easy it is to make this craft from recycled materials.
- Cardboard cereal boxes – 1 piece 6-3/4” x 6-3/4” for the board and nine (9) pieces 2” x 2” for the squares
- Glue (I’ve used Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue)
- Magnets (I’ve used the self adhesive magnet tape 1/2” wide and cut 1/2” pieces) you will need nine (9) cut pieces 1/2” x 1/2”
- Metal washers approximately 5/8” diameter- you need 10
- Plastic water bottle caps - 10 for the playing pieces
- Items to go into bottle caps/playing pieces - You will need 10 items (two sets - 5 each item or color -example 5 green buttons, 5 red buttons)
- You will be using the back side or non color side of the 6-3/4” x 6-3/4” board.
- Glue the 9 - 2” x 2” pieces onto the board, evenly spacing each onto this background.
- Place a piece of the self adhesive magnet into the center of each 2” square on the board.
- The top part of the plastic water bottle cap will be the bottom of each playing piece. Using a small amount of glue, glue a metal washer to the flat part of each plastic water bottle lid. Let glue dry.
- Choose which item you will use in the center of each cap to create the ‘o’ or the ‘x’. You will need 5 of each. It can be from suggestions above.
- Glue into place inside each cap. Let glue dry.
- When glue is dried, the metal washer sitting on the magnet will hold each playing piece on game board.
Looking for more fun ways to recycle your used plastic bottles? We've got you covered with this list of 14 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts. From jewelry to storage solutions, there are so many options in this eco-friendly collection.