Pretty Placemat Pouch
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Create a wipe-clean, no sew pouch using a vinyl placemat and some plastic cable ties to use as a snack pouch, makeup bag or just a catch-all in your car or purse."
Breathe new life into old placemats when you learn how to make a bag out of your unused table décor. Perfect for just about any storage need, these neat and tidy DIY pouches will lay flat when you store them and clean up easily. The Pretty Placemat Pouch featured in this photo is made out of an old vinyl placemat, making it the perfect snack bag idea. If you have messy kids, these DIY organizers will be a total lifesaver. These pouches would be ideal for storing your cosmetics while you travel or keeping a stash of pens and pencils tucked inside, too.
Find even more earth-friendly ideas in our massive colleciton of 1000+ Recycled Crafts
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
Project TypeMake a Project
- Vinyl placemat
- Plastic cable ties
- Hole punch
- Mini brads
Determine the dimensions for your pouch. Cut one side of the placemat until you get your desired width.
Roll up the placemat and tape down the rolled end so it doesn't roll up.
Using a hole punch, make holes on both sides of the pouch.
Insert the plastic cable ties so that the locking end is on the inside of the pouch. Please refer to my website for detailed instructions and photos on how to secure the pouch with the plastic ties.
Decide how much of a flap you want to fold down over the pouch. Once decided, cut the placemat accordingly.
With the extra placemat material, cut a rectangular strip. This piece will serve as the way to close and secure your pouch's belongings. Probably best to cut a longer strip and then trim when done.
If you love recycling and reusing, you absolutely need to download our free eBook: "Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts" Free eBook
Let Us Know:
Do you like creating recycled craft projects or do they just add even more clutter to your life?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tips For Using Water Brushes In Watercoloring
- 24 Galentine's Day Crafts
- Leprechaun Appliqué
- Starburst Blanket
- Cards To Support Our Troops – Free Printable
- Valentine Wine Cozy
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- Strawberry Seed Baby Booties
- Braided Bridge Cable Scarf
- Winter Jewels Emerald Cube Granny Square
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home