Felt Floral Plastic Bottle Bracelet
Recycled plastic bottle crafts are the perfect excuse to go green! Make yourself a Felt Floral Plastic Bottle Bracelet from Heidi Borchers and save the environment at the same time. Save your water or beverage bottle and make something you can wear forever.
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Plastic water bottle (smooth side preferred but select a water bottle to fit your wrist size)
- Craft knife
- Blue low mask tape
- Fabric (torn into 1/2″ – 3/4″ strips and ironed flat)
- Felt flowers (I cut my flowers using a die cutting machine)
- Hole punch (to cut flower centers)
- I select different widths of masking tape and apply to the outside of the water bottle to use as a pattern line when cutting the bracelets.
- Use a craft knife to cut between the tape lines then use scissors to cut a clean edge on the bracelets.
- Remove blue tape from cut bracelets.
- Apply a dab of Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue to the inside of the bracelet.
- Press end of fabric strip into glue and begin wrapping fabric strip around bracelet.
- Continue to add a dab of glue every inch to secure fabric to bracelet. Cut excess fabric leaving approximate 1/4″ extra. Apply dab of Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue to end of fabric and glue to inside of bracelet.
- Add dots of glue to outside of bracelet wherever you want to glue a felt flower.
- Apply dot of glue to center of each flower.
- Press felt dots in center of flower(s).
- Continue until the entire bracelet is covered with flowers. Note: I like to tuck my flowers close together to give more volume to my water bottle bracelet.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Water Bottle and Felt Flower Bracelet.