Yes, You Can: 19 Easy Tin Can Crafts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Eating is an art form. At least, the materials you encounter before you eat can be made into art. For example, you can make soda can crafts by bending the cans into animal shapes or hanging them on your wall. An aluminum or tin can also has plenty of practical and decorative uses. You can paint them and use them for organization or you can transform them into gorgeous tin can crafts.
There's no need to spend lots of money on expensive crafting supplies when you can use items that are already at home for your DIY crafts. The next time you heat up a can of beans or chicken soup, don't throw out the can. There are so many possibilities for tin can crafts stored in that small piece of metal!
Did you know that recycling one tin can saves enough energy to keep a TV on for three hours? Holding onto one tin can also gives you plenty of craft project ideas. You could make a container for your crafting supplies or critters for your kids. You could even use these recycled craft ideas to present gifts to your family and friends.
Here are 19 aluminum can projects you can use to recycle what you previously thought was trash.
Recycling is not only good for the environment - it's good for
your wallet, too. Check out our free eBook Recycled Craft Ideas:
Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Materials to save money on
your next crafting project.
Yes, You Can: 19 Easy Tin Can Crafts
Table of Contents
Tin or aluminum cans are great for storing pens, pencils or crafting supplies, because they are sturdy and hard to destroy. You don't have to worry about lead breaking or pens exploding inside your tin can crafts - the metal simply wipes clean. There's also no need to break the bank by buying expensive pots for your plants at the garden center. Soup cans are the perfect size to make homemade planters for succulents and small houseplants.
- Tin Can Pencil Organizers
- Mini Succulent Planters
- Copper & Denim DIY Organizer
- Soup Can Pencil Holder
- 10 Minute Luminaries Tin Can Craft
- Tin Can Pencil Holder
- Fancy Tin Can Flower Pots
- Beachy Tin Can Craft
Who knew an old corn can could be so much fun? You kids will love bowling with their new soup can toys or crawling around with their tin critters. These aluminum can projects also make great pencil cups for school. Even if the cup falls off a desk, it won't break.
- Soup Can Bowling
- Crayon and Pencil Organizers
- Tin Can Critters Recycled Craft For Kids
- R2-D2 Pencil Holder
Spring, summer, fall, winter - for every season, there is a can. With these adult craft ideas, you could create an adorable bunny vase to hold your Easter flowers or paint a snowman's face onto a tin ornament and hang it on your tree this Christmas.
- Easter Tin Can Crafts
- Valentine Tin Cans with Burlap
- Country Christmas Tin Can
- Recycled Can Snowman Ornament
Don't waste money on wrapping paper and gift bags - you can make DIY crafts from recyclables to carry birthday and Christmas presents. Your friends and family might even want to keep the container along with the gift! You'd never know by looking at them that these beautiful tin can crafts used to hold your dinner last week.
Another great way to use recyclables in your crafting is with these 20+ Brown Paper Bag Crafts!
What projects have you made recently out of recycled materials?
Tell us in the comments below!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Top 10 Recycled Magazine Crafts
Gold Tipped Mason Jar Vases
DIY Upcycled Sewing Organizer
Recycled Jeans Tin Can Planters
Coffee Pot Homemade Terrarium
Upcycled French Farmhouse Paper Mache Rooster
Tin Can DIY Wind Chime
Pill Bottle Crafts: Reuse Pill Bottles [11 Ideas]
17 Easy Crafts with Mason Jars
1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable To Do List
- Simple Stars
- Door Organizer
- Easy DIY Decorated Clothespins
- Ruffled Tank Top from a T-Shirt
- Free Printable Motivational Planner Stickers
- Gorgeous Simple 10 Minute Moroccan Tile Planters
- Granny's Patriotic Wreath
- Custom Cupcake Picks
- Hipster Avocado Toast Cake
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home