Toilet Paper Roll Crafts: 62 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
You'll be amazed how gorgeous some of these DIY projects with toilet paper rolls really are, and they cost next to nothing.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You've saved them for one reason or another...and now it's time to make those toilet paper roll crafts! With this collection of 62 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls, you're sure to find something fun and decorative to do with those cardboard tubes!
Out of all the recycled craft ideas out there, crafts with toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls are some of the most popular. This is probably because unlike some recycled containers, crafters are rarely short on cardboard tubes. It is no secret that most households go through several rolls of TP a week, meaning you will always have crafting supplies waiting to be transformed into toilet paper tube crafts. Wondering what to do with empty toilet paper rolls? Whether you are looking for simple and easy craft ideas for kids or toilet paper roll crafts for adults, the long list of DIY projects with toilet paper rolls below has what you need.
Bonus: Sign up for our newsletter, Trash to Treasure
Table of Contents
- Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Adults
- Ideas for Teens and Tweens
- Kids Craft Ideas Using Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
- Toilet Paper Roll Flowers and Butterflies
- The Best Things To Do With Toilet Paper Rolls (as voted on by readers like you!)
- Christmas Crafts with Toilet Paper Rolls
- Halloween Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
- Fantastic Resources for Crafting with Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Adults
- Reversible Cardboard Roll Earrings
How awesome are these earrings? The monochromatic color scheme is so lovely for book lovers!
- iPhone Toilet Paper Roll Craft
"I love recycling and I'm a pretty thrifty person so I find myself crafting with stuff I already have on hand for many of my projects, toilet paper crafts included. They're so easy to work with and kid friendly so these type of crafts are a nice way to spend quality time with my kiddo." -Petro Neagu, theseamanmom.com
- July 4th Party Poppers
These party poppers are great for any occasion and so great for celebrating on the cheap.
- Paper Towel Jewelry and Earring Holder
Create a lovely and eye catching tabletop decoration that doubles as a handy jewelry holder.
- Pretty in Pink Party Poppers
Here's another take on party poppers, this time with a crepe paper twist!
- Incredibly Easy DIY Scarf Hanger
This updated tutorial includes a stellar video so you can make this scarf hanger with ease.
- Thrifty DIY Pencil Holder
Need a new tabletop organizer? With cardboard tubes and a bit of decoupage medium, we've got you covered.
- Recycled Paper Seedling Planter
This is one of my personal favorite ideas for using toilet paper rolls. Repurpose them into seedling planters which are the PERFECT size for new sprouts!
- Toilet Paper Roll DIY Party Favors
Make pillow boxes easily with those leftover toilet tubes!
- Toilet Paper Roll Gift Boxes
Here's another version of those cute pillow boxes, this time decked out with gold foil.
- Harvest Napkin Rings
Do you have napkin rings for your Thanksgiving table? Now's the time to whip some up with materials found in the recycling bin.
- Antique Recycled Favor Pouches
Adding a vintage photo to your cardboard tubes makes a common recycled item into an old school treasure.
- DIY Eyeglass Case with Paper Tube and Fabric
How amazing is this! If you're one of those people who misplaces your cases for your readers all the time, make this easy craft.
- 15 Minute Recycled Desk Organizer
"This is hands down one of the best office organizers you'll ever make! I love how I was able to recycle the toilet paper rolls and cereal box. Be sure to glue your organizer together first before spray painting! This helps hide any glue."
-Tanner Bell, alittlecraftinyourday.com
With this collection of 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items, it's never been easier to help the environment. Learn how to reuse everything from water bottles to wine bottles all in one place. You'll find projects for both kids and adults, so the whole family can craft together in 1000+ Recycled Crafts
Ideas for Teens and Tweens
These are some of our favorite projects that are a bit young for some but a bit old for kids. Browse these great projects for your junior high aged granddaughter to make!
- Cardboard Tube Party Favor Pouches
This adorable party favor is an easy gift for your daughter to give friends at her birthday party.
- Toilet Paper Roll Bracelet
A little bit of embellishment goes a long way with this jewelry making idea.
- Doily Cuff Bracelet
Doilies add instant elegance and create a lovely project that is totally irresistable.
- Cheetah Print Cardboard Bracelet
You would never know this is made from a cardboard tube! Create a lovely bangle to wear out and about.
Kids Craft Ideas Using Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
Crafting with this material is a great opportunity to teach the kids about recycling. Reuse something you would ordinarily toss in the trash or in the recycling bin and make a fun project in the process.
- Adorable Cardboard Tube Giraffe
How precious is this? Put it in your child's animal themed nursery.
- Colorful Ladybugs Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is an easy project for preschoolers to make at daycare.
- Cottontail Toilet Paper Roll Napkin Rings
Celebrate Easter or your child's favorite children's book with this craft.
- DIY Princess Crown
Need an easy peasy Halloween costume? Make this together!
- Honeycomb Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
This is ADORABLE decor for a nursery or kids room, especially because bees are so gender neutral!
- Kiddie Blocks Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is an easy way to give your toddler a new toy on the cheap!
- Kid Friendly Stamp Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a fun project for a rainy day! Just by cutting up some toilet tubes, you can create a great art project.
- Super Scout Cardboard Tube Craft
This superhero will be your grandson's new favorite toy!
- Pretty Recycled Princess Bracelets
How sweet are these bracelets? With the help of rhinestones, any recycled material can be made so pretty!
- Toilet Paper Roll Boxes
If Despicable Me is your child's favorite movie, be sure to make this easy minion craft together!
- Toilet Paper Roll Paint Stamps
Need more inspiration for rainy day crafts to do with the kids? This stamping tutorial is lovely.
- Toilet Tube Tea Cups
"My girls don't want me to throw toilet paper rolls away so we are always making crafts with them! They both love hosting "tea parties" and that's how I came up with the idea of toilet paper tea sets! Hands down the best craft I ever made out of toilet paper rolls! They love it and play with it all the time!" -Ntina Ntonti, happygirlycrafty.blogspot.gr
Toilet Paper Roll Flowers and Butterflies
Flowers and butterfly crafts are some of the most popular projects we have, and it's amazing what beautiful flowers and butterflies can be made with toilet paper rolls! Find everything from home decor ideas to embellishments and more in the list below.
- DIY Paper Flower Wreath
Make the perfect wreath for summer when you learn how to make these easy flowers out of TP rolls.
- Paper Tube Lavender Sachet
Make your drawers smell lovely! Put together this sachet and keep it in your dresser.
- Lucky Toilet Paper Roll Clover
This is a cute craft to make with the kids and decorate your home around St. Patrick's Day!
- Spring Paper Tube Sachet
This is another sweet take on a paper tube sachet that will have your drawer smelling just lovely.
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterflies
I can't get over how awesome this project is! Work on the individual loops in front of the TV and put them together for a darling wall decoration!
- Toilet Paper Roll Sunflowers
Similar to the idea behind the toilet tube butterflies, this adoravle project involved putting together loops to decorate the wall.
- Beyond Easy Cherry Blossoms
These pretty blossoms are easy for anyone and so lovely.
The Best Things To Do With Toilet Paper Rolls (as voted on by readers like you!)
This list of fantastic ideas from our site visitors and Facebook followers is the jumping off point for all of the craft tutorials below! Learn the basics of what to do with toilet paper rolls with this introductory list, and then find more of our favorite toilet paper roll craft ideas below!
- Wrap up your cords and wires and stick them in cardboard tubes to help with organization and storage.
Example: DIY Organizer with Toilet Paper Rolls from AllFreePaperCrafts.com
- Stuff them with candy and sweets and close off the two ends to create a fun candy popper.
- Close off one end by gluing a piece of paper to it and use the toilet paper rolls to hold makeup brushes, markers, pencils, pens, and little office supplies.
Example: Thrifty DIY Pencil Holder
- Turn them into colorful napkin rings.
- Cut them into 2" pieces. Color or decoupage them as you see fit. Then cut them open and make a paper chain to hang for a party.
- Cover them in peanut butter and then roll in bird seed. Hang outside and you've got an easy and inexpensive bird feeder.
Example: Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder from AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
- Create musical instruments by covering one opening with paper or fabric, filling the tube about 1/4 full with beans or rice, and then covering the other opening. These are great for classrooms!
- Wrap yarn around them to help keep it organized and untangled.
- Use them to store paint brushes or gluesticks.
Christmas Crafts with Toilet Paper Rolls
Christmas is one of the most popular times of year for crafting. Learn how to make a Christmas craft with toilet paper rolls with this exciting list of ideas.
- Winter Penguin Toilet Paper Roll Craft
How fabulous are these penguins? Leave him on display all winter.
- DIY TP Tube Gift Wrapping Idea
This take on pillow boxes is particularly cheery for the holidays.
- Cardboard Tube Nativity Scene
Learn how to use TP rolls to make a nativity that you can later dress up however you choose.
- Christmas Snowman Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Fuzzy cotton balls take this snowman friend to the next level.
- Christmas Tree Napkin Holder
This is such a neat idea and so classy! You'd never guess what these napkin holders were made from!
- Easy Christmas Napkin Ring
This is a wonderfully easy project to take your Christmas table settings to the next level.
- Little Elf Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This sweet little elf can wait by the tree for Santa to arrive with his presents.
- Little Nativity Toilet Paper Roll Craft
How about this TP roll nativity? Learn how to make Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus.
- Paper Tube Christmas Tree
This is such a cool craft and the tinsel is a fabulous touch!
- Toilet Paper Roll Tabletop Christmas Tree
Try this alternate version for making a tabletop Christmas tree the kids will love.
- Simple Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Angel Craft
This sweet angel is made all the more heavenly with details like lace and glitter.
- Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crown
How fun is this project for the kids?
Halloween Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Is there anything spookier than crafting with toilet paper rolls? Well yes, many things are scarier than that, but you can make some festive Halloween toilet paper roll crafts with the ideas below!
- 60 Second Toilet Paper Pumpkin
This cardboard tube still has the toilet paper on it, but that doesn't mean it's not still a TP roll craft!
- Halloween Bat Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Remember the pillow boxes featured above? Use the same general technique to make these spooky bats.
- Toilet Paper Roll Ghosties
Get the kids involved and paint these sweet ghost ornaments, then hang them on the tree for Halloween.
- Toilet Roll Goody Bats
Instead of creating little bats that are traditional and black, use your favorite Halloween scrapbook papers to make these goodies.
- Trick or Treat Owl
If owls are your favorite spooky icons, be sure to make this adorable owl for your October decor.
- Trio of TP Tube Treat Bags
These would be adorable favors for a Halloween party!
Check out even MORE creative ways to craft with toilet paper rolls in our free eBook, 16 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas. With great projects for both kids and adults alike, this printable eBook is a great resource for learning how to recycle these cardboard tubes. Download this printable collection today! 16 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas free eBook
Fantastic Resources for Crafting with Toilet Paper Rolls
Looking for even more toilet paper tube inspiration? Our articles below are great collections to explore.
- How to Clean Paper, Cardboard, and Toilet Paper Tubes
You don’t have to throw that toilet paper roll away! In How to Clean Paper, Cardboard, and Toilet Paper Tubes, we’ll teach you the solution for keeping all of your paper-based materials clean and usable. These techniques are easy, and all they require is just a little bit of patience.
- How to Prepare Recyclables for Crafting
Find a ton of tips on how to prepare everything from glass jars to cardboard boxes for creative endeavors.
- Are Toilet Paper Roll Crafts a Safe and Sanitary Idea?
With so many questions floating around about the health and hygiene of a crafting darling, the FaveCrafts editorial staff decided to look into whether are not this is a myth that should be busted or something we should consider. Learn the answer!
Cereal Box Crafts: 11 Gorgeous Cardboard Projects
Toilet Paper Rolls: Only for kids crafts or completely line for DIY home decor?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Mesh Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Denim Apron and Basket for Mom
- No Sew Sock Kitty
- Mason Jar Lid Reindeer Crafts
- Upcycled Faux Pearl Necklace into Purse Handle
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts
- Pillows from Felted Sweaters
- "Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts" Free eBook
- 16 Mason Jar Lid Ornaments
- Fabric Scrap Heart Magnets
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sewing Projects
- Small Quilt Tutorial
- Fabric Skull and Crossbones Wall Hanging
- Sewing Finishes
- Crossover Style Baby Bib Pattern
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- QAYG Half moon Pouch
- Flower Door Hanging
- Squishy and Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home