Minecraft Sword Gift Card Holder
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"I admit, I know nothing about Minecraft! My kids are too young so I'm basically clueless. So when they were invited to a Minecraft birthday party, I just had to go along with the theme. Using a free graphic,a piece of cardstock and some glue, I was able to create a Minecraft Diamond Sword that I made look as though it had speared the birthday gift card. This unique gift card holder can be created within 30 minutes or less."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page Size8.5 inches x 11 inches
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- Free downloadable printable Minecraft Diamond Sword template (available on my website)
- 1 piece of sturdy cardstock
- Circle template (I used a shot glass to trace two circles)
- Craft glue
- Gift card
Download and print out the Minecraft Diamond Sword template
Cut out the templates
Glue one side of the template onto a sturdy piece of cardstock (or lightweight cardboard). Cut out the shape.
Turn cardstock over and glue the other template onto its backside.
Decide where on the sword you want to cut. Make an angled cut. You will now have two pieces of sword.
On each piece of the sword, cut a small slit in the center. Fold the sides of the slit in opposite directions.
Cut out two circles on the same piece of cardstock. (I used a shot glass to trace my circle shapes.)
Glue the folds on each part of the sword onto the circles. Let dry.
Once secured, glue the circles onto the gift card, being sure to line them up.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 44 Easy Craft Projects For Adults
- 19 Knockoffs that Will Fool Everyone
- Midnight Blue Prayer Box
- "Been There, Crafted That" Travel Mug
- Basket Hostess Gift Ideas
- How to Make DIY Guitar Picks
- 5 Easy Tassel Crafts Pom Pom Projects
- 26 Homemade Birthday Gifts for Husband
- No Sew Fabric Bookmarks
- "17 Easy Crafts With Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn" free eBook
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scrap Fabric Butterflies
- Petite Floral Dreamcatcher Boho Wall Hanging Decor
- Baby Girl Classic Lace Vintage Bonnet Hat
- Bunny Rabbit Strawberry Cupcake Food Dessert Amigurumi
- Cute Baby And Toddler Hooded Bunny Capelet
- Baby Girl Meadow Cardigan Dress
- Kitty Cat Macaron French Dessert Amigurumi
- Baby's Buttoned Turban Hat
- Velvet Baby Turban Hat With Bow
- Ribbed Baby Turban Hat With Bow
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home