Bead and Ribbon Bookmark
Create a beautiful Bead and Ribbon Bookmark that you can use again and again. This beaded bookmark makes an easy homemade gift for any occasion. Bookmark craft ideas are perfect for readers young and old. This is a great gift idea for anyone who loves to cozy up with a great story. If you enjoy free bead patterns, then this is the perfect quick and easy project to try. This project takes almost no time to complete, but the results really stand out and make an impression. For a memorable present, throw this creative DIY project in with a book and wrap them up together.
How to Make a Ribbon Bookmark
- Medium-sized charm
- 2 jumprings
- Eyepin (2-3 inches in length)
- Assortment of beads (1-1/2 to 2 inches worth)
- 2 feet of ribbon 1/2 inch in width
- 2 beads with hole size large enough to fit snuggly over ribbon when doubled
- Attach charm to eyepin loop. REMEMBER: Always open the eyepin to the side versus pulling it apart so you don’t weaken the metal.
- Add beads to the eyepin to create desired design leaving about ½ inch of wire.
- After last bead, bend wire to create a right angle.
- Trim wire leaving 3/8 inch.
- Using round-nose pliers bend the wire to create a loop.
- Attach the loop to the jumpring.
- Put the ribbon through the jumpring making the two lengths even.
- Slide on the two beads and knot end of ribbon. Trim the frayed ribbon ends.
- Slide one of the beads on the ribbon up to the jumpring and leave the other down at the knot.
- To use, open ribbon and slide over bookbinding, close book and adjust bead to fit spine.
Find even more homemade gifts to make and craft project ideas you will love in our list of 53 DIY Crafts Everyone Should Try.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Gifts"
Ideas and step-by-step tutorials on how to make homemade craft gifts, children christmas craft ornament gifts, craft gift ideas and unique craft gifts