Yummy Hot Cocoa Jar
For a creative and thrifty gift idea, make the Yummy Hot Cocoa Jar from Tombow. You'll be giving a beautifully decorated jar with a tasty hot cocoa recipe inside. It's a perfect homemade gift in a jar idea.
- Glass jars
- Decorative paper from Cosmo Cricket, Early Bird Collection
- Light teal cardstock from Bazzill
- Chipboard embellishments Cosmo Cricket, Early Bird Collection
- Tombow MONO Clear Adhesive
- Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens – colors to match paper
- Embroidery floss to match
- Mini wooden clothespin
- Mini eyelets
- Paper trimmer
- Write the serving instructions on the paper panel using the Dual Brush Pens.
- Cut paper strip and front panel to fit the jar bases and use the Clear adhesive to attach to the jars. If your 12” strip does not fit around your chosen jar, leave the opening at the front and cover the gap with the instruction label.
- Glue the chipboard motif to the top of the lid using MONO Multi glue.
- Set a mini eyelet in the chipboard cutlery and tie around jar neck with embroidery floss.
- Add the mini clothespin to accent and fill the jar with the Hot Cocoa Mix.
- Print up the mix recipe, trim and mount on light teal cardstock with the clear adhesive. Trim with cut out motifs from the decorative paper.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 ½ cups powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Mix well. Store in airtight containers.
- Makes 5 ½ cups
For more great 'gift in a jar' ideas, check out this FREE eBook.