We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words:"Try using lanterns as planters around your home this summer. Shop your own garage or head to your local lawn and garden center to find a lantern that is perfect for your space.Grab your supplies and get started on your own outdoor project today. If you are excited about using lanterns as planters, be sure to check out the wide variety of lanterns at your local store!"
If you are a big outdoor crafts enthusiast, you know that DIY planters and terra cotta pot crafts can be pretty limiting. There are only so many ways you can make clay pot crafts work in new and exciting ways. That is why these Converted Lantern Planters are so unique. Simple to create and adding stunning new dimensions to your green space, these garden crafts can be created quickly and are surprisingly easy to make. You will love adding these unique outdoor DIY ideas to your home. If you do not have an old lantern to use, try browsing your local Goodwill or Salvation Army.
These beautiful flower pots are featured in Recycled Flower Pots: 29 Water Bottle Planters and More DIYs
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Coco liners
- Potting soil
Line each lantern with a portion of the coco basket liner. The small lanterns each used a half of a liner each while the large lantern used almost two full liners.
Once you have covered up all of the holes with your lining, just add in potting soil and any plants that you love.
Find even more unique and charming crafts for your garden and DIY outdoor ideas in our collection of sunny, summer crafts. From DIY planters to unique outdoor decor ideas, all of the outdoor crafts in this collection are sure to spruce up your outdoor space. - Craft Outside: 84 DIY Garden Ideas
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Shower Caddy as a Vertical Wall Planter
- Pumpkin Door Mat
- DIY Hanging Colander Planter
- Wood Spoon Garden Markers
- Sea Glass DIY Fairy Garden
- How to Make a Jingle Bell Windchime
- Milk Carton Bird Feeder
- Fairy Garden Terrarium in a Mason Jar
- Lilac Rose Petals Luminary
- Fabulous Upcycled Faux Chinese Vases
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Versiatile Thanksgiving Pumpkin
- Frankenstein Cowl
- Mrs Plum Chunky Hat
- Peak a Boo Baby Hat
- Granny Christmas Tree
- Easy Peasy Fisherman Beanie
- Belted Poncho for Kids
- Crochet Zombee
- Toadstool Christmas Ornament
- Super Easy Burp Cloths
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home