Astro Turf Outdoor Pillow
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Do you want both a durable and fun outdoor pillow? Grab some astro turf and a staple gun and make the season's brightest and cheeriest outdoor patio decor."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Astro turf
- Staple gun with appropriate-sized staples
- Flat head screwdriver
- Plastic grocery bags
- Faux flowers, optional
Lay the astro turf out, folding one end over so the turf sides are facing. Determine how large you want the pillow to be and cut the turf with scissors.
Begin to staple one side of the pillow. You need to do this on a cardboard box.
After stapling one side, gently pull the turf out from the cardboard box and turn it over so the staples are facing you.
Use the screwdriver to fold the staples down. Moving the turf to a hard surface, hammer the staples flat.
Repeat for the second side.
Once all sides are securely stapled, begin to turn down the pillow so the right sides are facing out.
Since this is an outdoor pillow, I opted to stuff mine with plastic bags. I stuffed it about halfway before adding the flower stems, if desired.
Determine where you want to place your flowers and poke a small hole through the turf with the end of the scissors. Thread the flower stem through and twist (or cut) the stems so they fit within pillow.
Finish stuffing pillow with plastic bags.
Fold over the raw ends of the turf and staple shut, following the above process using a screwdriver and hammer.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Crochet Christmas Tree
- Crochet Pinwheel Motif
- Crochet Snowflake Ios
- CHRISTMAS LANTERN CRAFT
- DIY Christmas Ball Wreath
- Quick Triangle Shawl
- Christmas Cross Box Ornaments
- Chinoiserie Style Blue and White Pumpkins DIY
- Surprisingly Strange Inspirations: The Serendipitous Slipper Challenge
- Snowman Jar
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home